- Full Time
- Dar es Salaam
Website ABSA Bank Tanzania Limited
Absa Bank Tanzania Limited, formerly Barclays Bank Tanzania Limited, is a commercial bank in Tanzania and a subsidiary of South Africa-based Absa Group Limited.
Bring your possibility to life! Define your career with us
With over 100 years of rich history and strongly positioned as a local bank with regional and international expertise, a career with our family offers the opportunity to be part of this exciting growth journey, to reset our future and shape our destiny as a proudly African group.
My Career Development Portal: Wherever you are in your career, we are here for you. Design your future. Discover leading-edge guidance, tools and support to unlock your potential. You are Absa. You are possibility.
• Partner with the HRBPs to support the analysis and scoping of the Learning Leadership and Talent components of the overall Business People development agenda.
• Consult and partner with HRBP leads to ensure global consistency and execution of all Learning Leadership and Talent needs/ objectives aligned to Business People Agendas.
• In partnership with the HRBP provide Learning Leadership and Talent expertise & insight at senior business meetings, either directly to the business head or to a wider management team.
• Guide and support Development Partners in partnering with the Management teams of the Business areas and the HRBPs to develop the Learning and Development and Talent Management plan for their business area in line with their business strategy.
• Support the Head of Learning Leadership and Talent in Absa Africa in identifying and prioritizing regional Learning & Development demand through continuous analysis and reporting of country Learning Leadership and Talent demands, workplace skills plans and critical skills gaps.
• Partner with the HRBPs, and Head of Learning Leadership and Talent in Absa Africa to support the execution of the Talent Management components as required by the overall business development agenda.
Main accountabilities and approximate time split
- Partner with the HRBP’s and Group Head of Learning Leadership and Talent to support the analysis and scoping of the Learning Leadership and Talent components of the overall Business People Agenda.
- Consult and partner with HRBP’s and Group Head of Learning Leadership and Talent of Learning Leadership and Talent Lead to ensure global consistency and execution of all learning, leadership and talent objectives and strategy aligned to Business People Agendas.
- In partnership with the HRBP provide Learning Leadership and Talent expertise & insight at senior business meetings, either directly to the business head or to a wider management team.
- Act as the consultant/broker for the business & HRBP’s to the rest of Learning Leadership and Talent services.
- Take the lead to the business to deliver aligned and seamless learning solutions to the business.
- Lead and programme manage the diagnosis and delivery of bespoke learning and development interventions in line with the Business goals, working in collaboration with the Learning Solutions teams to present an integrated Learning Leadership and Talent delivery model.
- Operate in a commercial and business management way, leverage internal governance, policies and processes as appropriate to agree; objectives, outcomes, communication and embedding practices, timescales, budget and Business Impact / ROI expectations.
- Guide and support Development Partners in partnering with the Management teams of the Business areas and the HRBPs to develop the Learning and Development plans for their business area in line with their business strategy.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with the clients and develop an excellent understanding of business strategy and objectives, identifying opportunities for learning and development interventions across the business areas.
- Manage the Learning Leadership and Talent budget for the business-aligned initiatives working with the Learning Leadership and Talent Lead & HRBP’s to ensure cost effectiveness of learning development solutions. Maximize utilization of internal learning solutions and synergies in all learning propositions, across all business areas, optimizing external spend.
- Embed the Learning Leadership and Talent demand model throughout the HRBP & Development Partner community.
- Where required, provide offsite facilitation to business/teams or source the appropriate external facilitator to support a managed team event.
- Ensure the development and delivery of quality learning plans from the Development Partners team as agreed by all stakeholders, within budget and ensuring they meet agreed time, cost, and quality parameters.
- Support the Solutions & Delivery teams to source and identify Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) from the Business to drive effective Learning delivery.
- Ensure effective evaluation of all business-aligned learning solutions, to ensure continuous improvement and contribution to business objectives (ROI Framework).
- Leverage and research external best practice to provide leading edge innovative solutions to the clients and share this research with the team.
- Work with the Head of Learning, Leadership and Talent for Absa to review and rationalize supplier base to align with business need/organizational requirements.
- Maintain internal relationships across the Group and learning suppliers to ensure delivery of the highest standards of supply, adhering to all governance frameworks.
- Engage with and build an external Learning & Development network to ensure continuous updating of current best practice and leading-edge knowledge of learning.
- Ensure adherence to HR/Group policies and standards, Governance and internal controls relating to learning activities.
Risk and Controls Objectives
- Manage risk and control effectively by applying applicable risk frameworks and embedding a positive risk culture.
- Understanding of own role in the end-to-end processes in which you play a part, including applicable risks and controls.
- Adhere to Barclay’s policies and procedures applicable to own role, demonstrating sound judgement and responsible risk management.
- Report all risk events / incidents / issues using the defined process for your business area and help to understand why these happened and how to prevent them in future. Proactively look for ways to improve the control environment by considering what could go wrong in the processes you operate and how errors could be prevented.
- All mandatory training completed to deadline.
- Expert in learning & development & management frameworks, approaches & interventions
- Advanced in talent management frameworks, approaches & interventions
- Leadership and management development
- Planning, prioritizing, and delivery of full learning demand cycle – needs analysis to evaluation (ROI)
- Stakeholder Management
- Strategic Relationship Building
- Coaching, communication & presentation skills
- Facilitation skills
- Project management
- Integration and Analytical skills
Senior Development Partner Job Vacancy at ABSA Bank Tanzania Limited
Absa’s Values and Behaviors represent the set of standards which governs the actions of all of us who work for the bank and against which the performance of every one of us in Absa are being assessed and rewarded:
- I drive high performance to achieve. sustainable results.
- I’m obsessed with customer.
- I have an African heartbeat.
- I believe our people are our strengths.
Bachelor`s Degrees and Advanced Diplomas: Education, Training and Development (Required)
To apply for this job please visit absa.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com.