Website World Bank
The World Bank is an international financial institution that provides loans and grants to the governments of low- and middle-income countries for the purpose of pursuing capital projects.
Working at the World Bank Group provides a unique opportunity for you to help our clients solve their greatest development challenges. The World Bank Group is one of the largest sources of funding and knowledge for developing countries; a unique global partnership of five institutions dedicated to ending extreme poverty, increasing shared prosperity, and promoting sustainable development. With 189 member countries and more than 120 offices worldwide, we work with public and private sector partners, investing in groundbreaking projects and using data, research, and technology to develop solutions to the most urgent global challenges. For more information, please visit www.worldbank.org.
The World Bank, the leading multi-lateral institution in global economic development, is seeking to hire a seasoned and highly energized professional to work as a Senior Driver in the Ghana Country Office (AWCW1) based in Accra, Ghana. The Senior Driver is an essential member of the fast-paced and busy Country Office.
The Senior driver provides driving services to management, operations, and administrative staff in the Country Office, consultants, experts and staff on mission. The Driver also provides messaging services in the office.
Duties and Accountabilities
The Senior Driver will be responsible for the following duties:
• Driving Country Office and Visiting Missions staff to meetings, field trips, and airport pick up and drop off.
• Delivering mail and other documents in and around Monrovia.
• Maintaining the vehicle road logbook at all times.
• Maintaining a checklist of spares, jack, and toolbox, ensuring care and accountability.
• Ensuring that the keys are returned to the safe at the end of the day.
• Advising the supervisor of anything unusual on the vehicle, be it mechanical or otherwise.
• Keeping track of service, insurance, and registration dates and alerting the supervisor well in advance.
• Ensuring that in case of accident, the accident is reported to the police and the supervisor.
• Ensuring cleanliness of the vehicle at all times.
• Using the vehicle for official use only.
• Any other administrative and logistical duties as may be assigned.
Senior Driver – Administration/Office Support Job Vacancy at World Bank
(Education, experience and competencies):
• High School Diploma or Equivalent
• At least 5 years driving experience, defensive driving skills being an advantage
• Possess a valid driving License
• Excellent knowledge of road safety
• Good communication skills: Thorough knowledge of English and any other local languages.
• Knowledge of the UN security procedures would be an advantage.
• Ability to work long hours and weekends
• Committed team player with demonstrated inter-personal skills and ability to work effectively in a multi-cultural/disciplinary environment and able to produce high quality work under pressure.
The World Bank Group offers comprehensive benefits, including a retirement plan; medical, life and disability insurance; and paid leave, including parental leave, as well as reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity and inclusive employer with a dedicated and committed workforce, and do not discriminate based on gender, gender identity, religion, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, or disability.