Website Right To Play International
Right To Play is empowering 1.9 million children every day.
Organization: Right To Play International
Department/Division: Program Finance
Work location: One of Right To Play offices (Burundi, Canada, Ethiopia, Ghana, Jordan, Lebanon, Mali, Mozambique, Pakistan, the Palestinian Territories, Rwanda, Senegal, Tanzania, Thailand, Uganda or United Kingdom)
Work arrangement: A combination of in-office and remote-working in accordance with Right To Play’s work arrangement and the operational needs of the department. Possibility of remote-working pending management approval.
Authorized to work in: One of the 16 countries listed above
Target Hiring Range: Local salary scale applies (Grade 9)
Target Start Date: Immediate
Contract Duration: Full-time, long-term engagement
Closing Date: January 22, 2023 23:59 EST
Right To Play is a global organisation that protects, educates and empowers children to rise above adversity using play. By harnessing play, one of the most powerful and fundamental forces in a child’s life, we helped 1.52 million children last year to stay in school and out of work, to prevent life-threatening diseases like HIV and malaria and to stay safe from exploitation and abuse. We are the only global development organization focused exclusively on using play to transform the lives of children and youth impacted by poverty, war, disease and inequality.
Established in 2000, Right To Play reaches children through experiential programming in 15 countries in Africa, Asia, the Middle East, and North America. These programs are supported by our headquarters in Toronto, Canada; London, UK and eight national offices across Europe (Germany, The Netherlands, Norway, Sweden, Switzerland, UK) and North America (Canada, US).
With a shared passion for our mission, our Culture Code guides how we act and interact based on five core pillars:
- Accept Everyone – Be intentional about inclusion
- Make Things Happen – Seek opportunities to lead and innovate
- Display Courage – Act with integrity
- Demonstrate Care – Look after yourself and one another
- Be Playful – Have fun at work
Reporting to the Global Director, Program Finance, the Senior Manager, Program Finance serves as the principal support function on global annual budgeting, forecasting, revenue recognition and planning processes, as well as managing global financial risks. You will support the preparation of proposal budgets and financial reports for grants that are assigned to Right To Play (RTP) Global Headquarters (HQs) as well as the National Offices in North America and Europe, and help in building the program financial capacity of the various other units in Europe, Africa, Middle East and Asia.
You may travel to other RTP countries of operation. Occasional weekends and evenings may also be expected.
Job Responsibility #1: Grant Budgeting and Financial Reporting (30% of Time):
- Design, generate and analyse grant budgets to ensure RTP’s and donor policies are followed properly
- Ensure timely and accurate reporting to donors through introducing new and improved reporting mechanisms
- Ensure internal management reports are prepared and circulated in a timely manner
Job Responsibility #2: Annual Field Program Budgeting and Forecasting Cycles (20% of Time):
- Support the Global Director, Program Finance in preparing, reviewing and finalising annual field and HQ budget preparation
- Prepare and coordinate with finance team on budget data set preparation and upload into SAGE/D365
- Support the Global Director, Program Finance in annual forecasting through revision and circulation of forecast templates
- Ensure timely and accurate consolidation of forecast budget
Job Responsibility #3: Training and Capacity Building (10% of Time):
- Train and build Program Finance Officers’ capacity in donor and RTP policies and procedures
- Work with field Finance Managers and other relevant staff in building their capacity in the areas of proposal budgeting, compliance and reporting
- Help the Global Director, Program Finance in developing and rolling out new policies and procedures around grant management, budgeting, and revenue recognition
Job Responsibility #4: Global Revenue and Expense Scenarios (10% of Time):
- Support the Global Director, Program Finance in mid-year and annual revenue recognition
- Review and advise the Global Director, Program Finance on eligible and in-eligible expense from a donor perspective
Job Responsibility #5: Databases/Datasets (25% of Time):
- Support Global Director, Program Finance in improving existing templates and designing and implementing new templates for RTP Annual Budgeting, Grant Budgeting and Revenue Recognition
- Support Global Director, Program Finance in developing and implementing datasets for analysis in Power BI and other analytical tools
Job Responsibility #6: Other Tasks as Assigned (5% of Time)
Senior Manager, Program Finance Job Vacancy at Right To Play International
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (Must have):
- University degree or equivalent in accounting, commerce, business, finance or a related field
- 5 years’ experience in accounting, grant management and finance in a not-for-profit grant focused environment
- Experience with government international development agencies such as GAC, NORAD, USAID or other donor agencies
- Experience building sophisticated financial tracking and reporting systems
- Experience developing policies, procedures, manuals and documentation
COMPETENCIES / PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES:
- Ability to lead, guide, coordinate, and facilitate grant budgeting and financial reporting processes and establish short and long-term goals
- High diplomatic and interpersonal skills
- A great team member and ability to work in a diverse team environment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills to communicate ideas and technical concepts in both technical and user-friendly language
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Highly proficient in designing and implementing structured databases, datasets, data analysis and manipulation
- Advanced level in Microsoft Excel (e.g. Pivot Table, Power Query, etc.) and Power BI
- Strong knowledge of grant budgeting processes
- Knowledge of a variety of government and foundation funding mechanisms
- Strong project management skills
- Fluency in spoken and written English
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS (An Asset)
- Knowledge of Arabic or French
WHAT YOU’LL GET:
The opportunity to work with a passionate, innovative and collaborative team where you have the ability to make things happen. You will gain experience working for a Great Place to Work® Canada Certified and globally recognized organization with a healthy culture premised on our Culture Code (accept everyone, make things happen, display courage, demonstrate care and be playful). In addition, we offer a competitive salary and benefits package including flexible work policy (e.g. work from home and flex hours), personal learning and development days.
How to apply
If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit your resume and cover letter in English via the application link.
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected for interviews will be contacted. Shortlisting of applications will begin immediately and interviews may be held before the closing date.
Right To Play provides equal employment opportunities to employees regardless of their gender, race, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation or marital status. As such, we encourage groups who have been historically disadvantaged with respect to employment to apply for positions at Right To Play. We offer a family-friendly environment that allows for flexible work arrangements in order to support staff diversity and ensure a healthy work-life balance.
We are a child-centered organization. Our recruitment and selection procedures reflect our commitment to the safety and protection of children in our programs. The successful candidate will be required to provide a satisfactory Vulnerable Sector Screening or equivalent criminal check as a condition of employment.
EMPLOYEE VACCINE POLICY:
To protect the health and safety of our employees and the communities we serve, Right To Play requires all employees and volunteers based in Canada to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. The successful candidate will be required to provide proof of vaccination against COVID-19 as a condition of employment.
Should you require any form of accommodation during the recruitment process, kindly contact the People & Culture team by email at email@example.com
To learn more about who we are and what we do, please visit our website at www.righttoplay.com.
Check Out: How to Make Money while Unemployed – 7 Ways
How to Apply:
Recommended: Read our Job Tips Here to enhance your Application
To apply for this job please visit righttoplay.hiringplatform.ca.