Website Civic Social Protection Foundation (CSP)
Civic Social Protection Foundation (CSP) is an individual membership organization drawn from different parts of Tanzania who has joined their efforts to fight for equity and equality among all citizens of Tanzania
Civic Social Protection Foundation (CSP) is an individual membership organization drawn from different parts of Tanzania who has joined their efforts to fight for equity and equality among all citizens of Tanzania regardless of their social and economic status.
CSP envisions “A Community which enjoys their rights and social wellbeing in Tanzania” and aspires to attain its vision through “preventing, managing, and overcoming situations that adversely affect people’s wellbeing in Tanzania”.
Civic Social Protection Foundation (CSP) in partnership with Jhpiego is implementing the USAID Afya Yangu RMNCAH project in Mbulu and Simanjiro District Councils. CSP will basically support implementation of community level interventions (SBC, adolescent and youth and gender related activities) to increase the demand for and use of quality integrated RMNCAH services by women and their families. In this case, CSP will work with Community Health Workers (CHWs), Community Health Volunteers (CHVs), Peer Champions (PC) and other community stakeholders to address social and gender norms and inequalities to ultimately improve ability of individuals to practice positive health-seeking and self-care behaviors.
To achieve the above-mentioned aims and objectives, CSP is planning to recruit competent and qualified employees who will support implementation of USAID Afya Yangu RMNCAH in Simanjiro and Mbulu district councils in the following positions.
Social Behavior Change (SBCC) officer – Simanjiro DC – 1 position
Duties and Responsibilities.
The SBCC Project Officers will perform the following duties:
- Facilitate Community Health Workers (CHWs), Community Health Volunteers (CHVs), Peer Champions (PC), CHMT, community stakeholders and entire project team to conduct, document and follow community gender dialogues and couple’s communication.
- To facilitate community through SASA! approach on gender transformation for Family Planning and Reproductive Health services.
- Support CHW and the project team to implement community score card (CSC) in selected wards/villages with poor RMNCAH indicators.
- To facilitate Community Health Workers (CHWs), Community Health Volunteers (CHVs), Peer Champions (PC), CHMT and other community stakeholders to implement interpersonal communication (IPC) activities to address barriers, harmful social and gender norms that hinder individuals from accessing and utilizing RMNCAH services.
- Support and facilitate dissemination of printed SBC materials.
- She /He will be responsible with all communications and a liaison person between CSP office and donor in one side and Council CHMT on the other side in all matters pertaining activity implementation at community level.
- Must maintain high level of collaboration and cooperation with MEL officer, CHMT members and community leaders responsible in implementation of RMNCAH activities in the respective council.
- Must ensure all required duty deadlines are met.
- She/He will report directly to the CEO who will supervise her duties daily.
Social Behavior Change (SBCC) officer Vacancy at Civic Social Protection Foundation (CSP)
Key qualifications, skills and experience
- University Degree preferably in Community development, Sociology, Social development or any other related field from the reputable institution.
- Master’s in Community development or sociology will be given high consideration.
- At least 2 years’ experience in the community facilitation and mobilization.
- Experience in facilitating and supporting women and girls at community level especially in the health sector.
- Proven skills and experience in working with local leaders, Community Health Workers and Community Health volunteers in promotion of women, girls, youth and children health.
- Experience and skills in report writing
- Strong and committed individuals who can work with minimum supervision and who can meet deadlines.
- Strong training & facilitation skills.
- Fluency in written and spoken Swahili and English.
All positions are attached with attractive renumeration packages to the qualified and selected candidates.
Interested and qualified applicants should forward their applications including cover letter, CV, academic certificates and other relevant supporting documents before or on Friday 16st September 2022 at 16:00 to the following address.
The Board Secretary
Civic Social Protection Foundation (CSP)
Box 515, Babati
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com