VillageReach improves the capacity and reach of health systems in rural, low-income countries in sub-Saharan Africa.
Specialist, Finance and Program Administration Job Vacancy at VillageReach
VillageReach transforms health care delivery to reach everyone, so that each person has the health care needed to thrive. We develop solutions that improve equity and access to primary health care**.** This includes making sure products are available when and where they are needed and primary health care services are delivered to the most under-reached. Radical collaboration with governments, the private sector and other partners strengthen our ability to scale and sustain these solutions. Our work increases access to quality health care for more than 58 million people in sub-Saharan Africa. VillageReach in incorporated in Washington State, with offices in Seattle (USA), Democratic Republic of Congo, Malawi, and Mozambique (Core Countries); programs operating in Cote d’Ivoire, Kenya, Liberia, and Tanzania (Partner Countries); and technical assistance provided globally (Global Technical Teams or GTT).
The Specialist, Finance and Program Administration is responsible for supporting Partner Country teams in Cote d’Ivoire, Kenya, Liberia, and Tanzania on business development opportunities, budgets, banking, accounting, compliance with applicable laws, funder requirements, and VillageReach policies and procedures. The position manages all aspects of Partner Country finances, including accounting, cash flow, and the internal controls environment. The Administrator works integrally between the finance, programmatic, and business development teams to support budget strategy for new opportunities and support the successful management of awards. This position will regularly monitor spending and compliance through contracting, budgeting, and reforecasting of existing and new awards. The Officer will work under the direct supervision of the Director, Global Programs and provide technical finance and program administration with support from the Global Grants & Contracts and Finance teams. This is a remote position but based in one of the following countries; Côte d’Ivoire, Tanzania, Liberia or Kenya.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties, responsibilities, and activities may change or be assigned at any time.
Finance and Compliance:
- Manage Partner Country financial operations, including budget development, review and reporting; monthly financial report review and approval; and oversight and management of full cycle accounting.
- Manage cash flow and justification of cash requests to the global finance team.
- Manage the internal control environment to promote accuracy and accountability of the accounting system and to prevent fraud.
- Provide bi-monthly budget versus actual analyses to Director, Global Programs, and Program Managers to promote accurate and timely administration of program funds.
- Review and prepare accounts payable for entry into accounting system.
- Perform bank, advance and mobile money reconciliations.
- Act as liaison between the Partner Country Teams and the Global Operations Team to ensure that required SOPs are followed and approvals are sought on finance, contracting, award management, and business development.
- Partner with the Global Grants & Contracts and Finance teams to ensure compliance with legal, funder, and VillageReach requirements.
Program Administration and Budget:
- Support award managers, team leads, and business development opportunity leads across the Partner Country Teams to ensure that the budgeting system accurately reflects the latest assumptions.
- Support award managers on award monthly reviews, re-class requests, and reforecasting awards through collaboration across teams.
- Support team leads on monthly reviews of overhead budget, labor levelling exercises, and reforecasting.
- Support business development opportunity leads in budgeting out team time and expenses for every new proposal, ensure overall budget across teams has adequate and accurate inputs, has followed the correct internal review processes, and is accurately drawn through to the donor budget template.
View also: Finance Manager Job Vacancy at Benjamin William Mkapa Foundation (BMF)
Specialist, Finance and Program Administration Job Vacancy at VillageReach
Specialist, Finance and Program Administration Competencies:
The following competencies reflect what is expected of all VillageReach employees; including examples of how one might demonstrate each of these competencies in one’s role.
- Personal Motivation and Drive: Is self-directed in one’s approach to work, but asks for help when needed; holds oneself accountable; undertakes self-development activities; seeks to build and master new skills; looks for and takes advantage of opportunities within the organization
- Collaboration & Effective Communication: Establishes and maintains effective relations with coworkers, partners & stakeholders and external parties; works collaboratively with others to accomplish organizational and team goals and objectives; works actively to resolve conflicts; expresses ideas and thoughts effectively; selects and uses appropriate communication methods and maintains meaningful communication with virtual coworkers and other parties to keep them informed
- Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion: Takes personal responsibility for and supports others across the organization in creating and sustaining a diverse work environment where individuals are welcomed, valued, respected and supported; personally committed to attaining cultural competency including self-awareness of one’s own attitudes about culture and cross-cultural interactions; exhibits the willingness and ability to engage openly and respectfully around issues of race, colonialism, identity and culture; upholds equity in access to sharing of information, ideas, and opportunities throughout VillageReach
- Commitment to Excellence: Produces a high output of work, both in terms of quality and quantity; looks for ways to improve and promote quality; monitors work to ensure quality; has a personal commitment to the mission of VillageReach
- Solution Orientation & Innovation: Focuses on results and desired outcomes and how to best achieve them; gets the job done; sees opportunities for creative problem-solving while staying within the parameters of good practice; sees old problems in new ways and has novel approaches to solving those problems; contributes original and/or resourceful ideas to their area of responsibility; is able to consider and articulate risks and consequences of proposed innovations and factor these into decision-making
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent education and experience in finance, accounting, or related field.
- At least 5-7 years of experience, with at least 3 years managing and analyzing budgets, grant finances, and compliance (public sector and multi-lateral grants a plus)
- Demonstrated financial management skills within the global non-profit sector, preferably working with budgets across more than one country
- Experience with financial reporting
- Demonstrated familiarity with contract language and grant cost policy adherence
- Written and verbal fluency in English and French.
- USAID experience preferred but not essential
- Compliance with VillageReach’s COVID-19 vaccination policy.
- Established cultural competency in partnering with racial, cultural and linguistically diverse groups.
- Demonstrated understanding of challenges with working in rural, underserved and low-income context; experience living in and/or working in a low-income country a plus.
- Experience working in a geographically dispersed workplace using remote communication technologies and techniques a plus.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel) and comfortable in a fast-paced technical environment. Advanced skills in Excel.
- Operationally-minded with strong attention to detail.
- Familiarity with budgeting software, data visualization software, and CRM platforms, preferably Sage, Power BI and Salesforce.
- Existing location, with legal permits or citizenship in an African country
Environment and Physical Demands
VillageReach has no private offices, employees work in a shared, open environment with task and conference rooms accessible to employees for privacy and meetings. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet. Due to the time zone differences between our Seattle office and our Country Offices, our Global and Country office staff are expected to be available for late afternoon/evening meetings up to 6pm.
The majority of the work is spent sitting. There are no additional physical or environmental demands for this job.
This is an immediate hire. We will be accepting resumes beginning April 7, 2023 through April 28, 2023. To apply, please submit an application with your resume and a cover letter to our online portal: http://www.villagereach.org/join-us/
COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY & INCLUSION:
VillageReach is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer committed to workforce diversity. We believe that diverse, equitably weighted perspectives foster an organizational capacity to create novel solutions that improve health in the most underserved and hard-to-reach areas. To align our values, innovations and impact, VillageReach is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse global workforce.
VillageReach has an established compensation structure that is based on the relevant market and internally transparent. We hire people into the established range based on one’s experience and education and considering internal equity. We do not inquire about salary history. The exact range depends on the location of hire and will be discussed early in the process. Please see the Compensation Overview on our website for details.
To apply for this job please visit apply.workable.com.