Website Church World Service
Church World Service is a faith-based organization transforming communities around the globe.
Position Title: Travel Logistics Officer
Reports To: Administration Supervisor
Division: Immigration & Refugee Program+ (IRP+)
Department: Administration, Travel and Logistics
Job Location: Kasulu, Tanzania
Grade Level: Grade 5, Officer, National
Introduction: Church World Service (CWS) is a not-for-profit, faith-based organization transforming communities around the globe through just and sustainable solutions to hunger, poverty, displacement and disaster. CWS does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, genetic information, age, disability or veteran status in employment or in the provision of services.
This position is primarily responsible for the coordination and follow-up of logistics for all CWS travel, as well as preparing travel itineraries of official CWS staff travel in accordance with the CWS standard operating procedures within Sub Sahara Africa and Internationally.
This position provides support to CWS Country Offices within the region.
Travel and Logistics
- Requests for domestic and international flight schedules, itineraries, bookings, and tickets from local travel agents for efficient and cost-effective travel.
- Works with Programs Management and other travelers to plan and execute all confirmed travel.
- Works with relevant embassies to obtain visas for staff travel, makes hotel reservations when required, coordinates ground transportation and other travel arrangements for CWS staff and visitors.
- Prepares travel authorizations for all travelling staff.
- Maintains updated shared logistics resources.
- Regularly reviews all issues raised in the issue logs after travel is complete, makes follow up with the vendors and updates the log with feedback.
- Works directly with Logistics officers in Nairobi office on required logistics work.
- Conducts site assessments in processing locations when required.
- Maintains updated travel costs for all regions.
- Participates in annual travel budget costing and preparation.
- Monitors travel budget in the assigned locations and reports any additional costs.
- Maintains a tracking system for all partner Invoices across the country offices to ensures they are captured and processed in a timely manner.
- Use ERP system to raise requisitions, review payments and reconcile vendors.
- Works closely with Procurement and Accounts to ensure vendor payments are processed as per policy.
- Conducts vendor reconciliations on a quarterly basis.
- Regularly reviews travel expenses while renegotiating with vendors for competitive rates.
- Reviews CWS trip reports and communicates follow-up items to the Admin Supervisor
- Reviews monthly invoices for local taxi service providers, ensures correct rates are being charged and also identifies local versus regional travel expenses.
- Performs other duties that may be assigned to ensure the logistical support of operations
related to official travel and other program objectives
Work collaboratively with the logistics team in Nairobi.
Travel Logistics Officer (N) Job Vacancy at Church World Service
- Four (4) years of paid work experience is required.
- Supervisory experience is preferred.
- Administrative experience is preferred.
- Knowledge in Amadeus booking tool is preferred.
- Demonstrated written and verbal English skills.
- Demonstrated computer skills, especially Microsoft Excel;
- Demonstrated organizational and time management skills.
- Demonstrated strong communication skills.
- Demonstrated interpersonal relations
- Demonstrated ability to manage heavy workload
Education & Certifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Business Administration, Public Administration, or four (4) years working experience required in lieu of a bachelor’s degree.
- Maintain the integrity of confidential financial and personnel information; communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Follow instructions from the Supervisor with a positive and receptive attitude.
- Deal effectively and courteously with a large number of associates, outside agencies, applicants and members of the general public.
- Conduct oneself in a professional and courteous manner to represent the best interests of RSC Africa and CWS/IRP;
- Maintain a high-performance standard with attention to detail.
- Carry out all of the duties of the position efficiently and effectively with minimal supervision; take initiative.
- Maintain strict confidentiality with RSC Africa administrative and operational information; manage a large and diverse workload under pressure with competing priorities.
- Work well as a team in a multi-cultural environment while maintaining a high level of motivation; effectively manage RSC Africa’s resources.
- Actively participate in the implementation of the U.S. Government Operational Refugee Processing Program in Africa.
- Strong English communication skills, both written and oral.
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment required.
- Commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion and willingness to support CWS’ Platform onRacial Justice as a CWS employee required
- COVID Vaccination is strongly recommended for all successful candidates
- The candidate should be of good health, willing and able to travel extensively in often difficult conditions and have a high degree of flexibility. Must have proof of Yellow Fever vaccination before traveling for RSC Africa
- This position is based in Kasulu, Tanzania
- This position requires use of laptops at all time, competence in Microsoft office packages is required.
- This position may require travel in sub-Saharan Africa on short notice and under sometimes difficult conditions to meet demands of a dynamic operational program
- Background check which includes references, and an educational and criminal check is required before the start of employment
- A valid passport and the ability to maintain a valid passport throughout the entire appointment is required, which includes having enough passport pages for travel.
- Physical: This position requires bending, squatting, crawling, climbing, kneeling, sitting, standing, walking, pushing/pulling, handling objects (manual dexterity), reaching above shoulder level, using fine finger movements and lifting/carrying heavy loads.
- Environmental: Incumbents in this position will be exposed to excessive noise, marked changes in temperature and/or humidity, dust and infectious diseases, harsh weather climates, long work hours, bumpy roads, extended travel, excessive sun exposure, and non-ventilated spaces.
- Full Time
- All employees should be prepared to work from the CWS office within their location of hire. Remote work arrangements may vary depending on location and the governing rulings regarding the COVID-19 pandemic