Website US Embassy Dar es Salaam
The mission of the United States Embassy is to advance the interests of the United States, and to serve and protect U.S. citizens in Tanzania.
- Announcement Number:
- Hiring Agency:
- Embassy Dar Es Salaam
- Position Title:
- VISA ASSISTANT (All Interested Applications)
- Open Period:
- 03/09/2023 – 03/23/2023Format MM/DD/YYYY
- Vacancy Time Zone:
- LE – 1415 6
- TZS TSh24,989,567
- Work Schedule:
- Full-time – 40 hours a week – work schedule
- Promotion Potential:
- Duty Location(s):
- Telework Eligible:
- For More Info:
- Hiring Path:
- • Open to the public
- Who May Apply/Clarification From the Agency:
- All Interested Applicants / All Sources
- Security Clearance Required:
- Public Trust – Background Investigation
- Appointment Type
- Appointment Type Details:
- Indefinite subject to successful completion of probationary period
- Marketing Statement:
- We encourage you to read and understand the Eight (8) Qualities of Overseas Employees before you apply.
- The U.S. Mission in Dar es Salaam is seeking eligible and qualified applicants for the position of Visa Assistant in the Consular Section.
- Supervisory Position:
- Relocation Expenses Reimbursed:
- Travel Required:
- Occasional TravelOccasional travel
Assist in the NIV Units: 50% of time
Assists the nonimmigrant (NIV) Unit with receiving cases, processing necessary clearances, preparing cases for interview, printing, and passing back passports.
Serve as Primary Consular Cashier: 25% of time
Serve as Consular Cashier. Collect cash and credit card transactions from general public and operate electronic cash register. Reconciles and is responsible for significant amounts of money. Prepares end-of-day and end-of-month reports.
Assist in IV Unit: 15% of time
Assist the immigrant visa (IV) Unit with clerical tasks such as organizing thick and complex files, tracking cases, printing visas, and compiling packets.
Act as Interpreter: 10% of time
Acts as interpreter as needed for adjudications and other purposes. Assists with written and phone correspondence for all units.
Performs other duties as needed, including backing up all Consular units and providing administrative support to the section as needed.
Note: This position description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by incumbent. Incumbent will be required to perform other duties as assigned by the agency.
View also: Painter Job Vacancy at the US Embassy Dar es Salaam – TZS 18.3M Per Year
Visa Assistant Job Vacancy at the US Embassy Dar es Salaam
Qualifications and Evaluations
- EXPERIENCE: Minimum of two years of experience in the consular area, or area related to customer service and/or work applying regulatory material is required.
- Education Requirements:
- Completion of high school (form VI) is required.
- LANGUAGE: Fluent (reading, speaking and writing) in English and Kiswahili is required. “This may be tested”EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY (EEO): The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
Diversity Equality and Inclusion Statement:
The US Mission to Dar es Salaam, Tanzania values a workforce of different backgrounds, cultures, and viewpoints. We strive to create a welcoming environment for all and we invite applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply.
- All applicants under consideration will be required to pass medical and security certifications.
Benefits and Other Info
- Agency Benefits:
- The U.S. Mission in Tanzania offers compensation package that may include health, separation, and other benefits.
- Other Information:
- For the current COVID-19 Requirements please visit the following link.HIRING PREFERENCE SELECTION PROCESS: Applicants in the following hiring preference categories are extended a hiring preference in the order listed below. Therefore, it is essential that these applicants accurately describe their status on the application. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not eligible for a hiring preference.
HIRING PREFERENCE ORDER:
1. AEFM / USEFM who is a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran*
2. AEFM / USEFM
3. FS on LWOP and CS with reemployment rights **
* IMPORTANT: Applicants who claim status as a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran must submit a copy of their most recent DD-214 (“Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty”), Letter from Veterans’ Affairs which indicates the present existence of a service-connected disability dated within the past six months, equivalent documentation, or certification. A “certification” is any written document from the armed forces that certifies the service member is expected to be discharged or released from active duty service in the armed forces under honorable conditions within 120 days after the certification is submitted by the applicant. The certification letter should be on letterhead of the appropriate military branch of the service and contain (1) the military service dates including the expected discharge or release date; and (2) the character of service. Acceptable documentation must be submitted in order for the preference to be given.
** This level of preference applies to all Foreign Service employees on LWOP and CS with re-employment rights back to their agency or bureau.
For more information (i.e., what is an EFM, USEFM, AEFM, MOH, etc.?) and for additional employment considerations, please visit the following link.
View also: Associate Operations Officer Job Vacancy at World Bank
Visa Assistant Job Vacancy at the US Embassy Dar es Salaam
How to Apply
- How to Apply:
- To apply for this position, applicants MUST apply electronically via ERA.For more information, visit this link https://tz.usembassy.gov/embassy/jobs/
- Required Documents:
- To qualify based on education, you MUST submit the requested degree and / or transcripts as verification of educational requirement by the closing date of this announcement. Failure to provide requested information, or the information is insufficient to verify eligibility, may result in disqualification for this position.All Applicants:
- Copy of Secondary school (form VI)certificate
- Proof of Citizenship (Voter ID, NIDA, Passport)
- Copy of work permit (if not a TZ national)
- Other document (if any)
- Other document 2 (if any)
Eligible Family Member Applicants:
• Copy of Sponsor’s Orders/Assignment Notification (or equivalent)
• Passport copy
• DD-214 – Member Copy 4, Letter from Veterans’ Affairs, or other supporting documentation (if applicable)
• SF-50 (if applicable)
- Next Steps:
- Applicants who are invited to take a language or skills test, or who are selected for an interview will be contacted only via email.Thank you for your application and your interest in working at the U.S. Mission in Tanzania.
The deadline for submitting the application is 23 March 2023.
Read : The Top 13 Modern CV Secrets
To apply for this job please visit erajobs.state.gov.