Website World Vision
World Vision International is an evangelical Christian humanitarian aid, development, and advocacy organization.
WASH Technical Team Leader Job Vacancy at World Vision
With over 70 years of experience, our focus is on helping the most vulnerable children overcome poverty and experience fullness of life. We help children of all backgrounds, even in the most dangerous places, inspired by our Christian faith.
Come join our 34,000+ staff working in nearly 100 countries and share the joy of transforming vulnerable children’s life stories!
Provide overall WASH Technical Sector technical leadership for the national office. Leads NO Technical Sector technical approach development, ensuring alignment with regional and global Technical Sector strategies, to include advocacy and M&E and integration with other sectors and functional areas. Provides guidance to field staff for quality Technical Sector programming implementation. Determines NO Technical Sector capacity gaps and develop capacity building plan with regional assistance. Seeks opportunities for Technical Sector implementation research, and communicates learnings from programming. Maps donors, understands their technical expectations, pre-positions the NO for grants bids and leads the design and development of proposals. Strong and regular external engagement with Technical Sector stakeholders in the country. Maintains situation awareness of potential emergencies and ensures readiness for sector response
25% Technical Leadership and Management
- Provide leadership in the management and
- the finance unit, ensure planning and budgeting, project funding, expenditures and process are aligned and operating smoothly.
- Lead the setting-up of the technical standards to be adhered to by all implementing staff and partners
- Review and approve all the technical reports prepared from the field
- Review and ensure risk mitigation plans are prepared and monitored
- Practical quality assurance and quality improvement plans implemented within the technical program
- Projects/grants implemented within global, donor, national and internally approved technical performance standards
- Effective contextualization and scale up of project models.
- Risk connect updated and mitigation plans in place
20% Strategy, design and planning
- Lead the designing and adaptation of Technical Program
- Design and guide the implementation of WASH business plan
- Work closely with MEAL department to develop tools in monitoring and evaluation of the Technical Program
- Ensure that advocacy is integrated in the Technical Program
- NO strategy and TP successfully implemented and produce expected results
- Timely TP baseline, progress reports and evaluations produced and submitted
- Quality monitoring and reporting to government, donor and WV entities
- Contribution to advocacy agenda tracked by beneficiaries reached/supported
10% Research, evidence and reporting
- Promote research, documentation and scaling up of best practices
- Ensure WVT obtains the necessary ethical registration status to enhance research capacity
- Participate in International or regional foras for sharing best practices in collaboration with Regional WASH Director
- Quality and documented/published researches in place and presented at appropriate International or regional platforms;
- Documented and disseminated best practices using accepted methodologies including realistic and process evaluations
15% Resource acquisition and accountability
- Develop and market quality concepts, proposals, partner profiles and capacity statements to increasing funding portfolio for the technical program and related grants
- In coordination with RD Department develop annual growth plans for the technical program area in line with the National Office strategy.
- Actively engage in funding negotiations with support offices
- Actively participate in the “Go / No-go” decision making process and ensure that all risks are addressed consistently
- Develop departmental risk register, ensure its implementation to mitigate risks and ensure accountability.
- Sustained funding for the TP as per the Country Strategy Implementation Plan (CSIP)
- Quality documentation of capacity statements, best practices and impact stories
- Acceptable audit rating
10% Advocacy, external engagement and partnering
- Develop and maintain pro-active relationships with bilateral and multilateral representatives in the country.
- Networking with national WASH stakeholder
- Representing NO at sector-related forums
- Attending regional, national and local meetings as appropriate
- Active membership and participation in national technical working groups (TWGs), inter agency coordinating committees (ICC), national and global forums
- Active and consistent representation in stakeholder meetings
- TP fact sheets, bulletins and reports in place for engagement
10% Capacity building and staff development
- Model a high standard of personal Christian leadership, ministry and integrity through lifestyle and work relationships that support spiritual development of the team.
- In close collaboration with P&C, & Regional WASH Director ensure right program staff are recruited, retained, and provided with intentional opportunities, mentoring and coaching for development.
- Facilitate capacity building of staff on technical modules, through trainings, workshops, On the Job Training and technical backstopping etc.
- In collaboration with the Regional WASH Director, facilitate the development of capacity building plan eg ( WASHCap DRI/Drexel recruitment, etc)
- Capacity building plan in place based on the staff needs assessment
- Competent staff with skill set, materials and equipment to perform their roles
- National, AP/Grants offices receive timely and satisfactory technical support
5% Safeguarding and Faith & Development integration
- Ensuring alignment to safeguarding of program activities
- Ensure safeguarding training and orientation for all sector partners including community level
- In close collaboration with F&D dept, ensure WASH and F&D integration is promoted and aligned
- The department is well aligned and meet the safeguarding requirement threshold
- WASH and F&D integration is supported and rolled out with key milestones and monitoring
5% Other activities
- Participate in the global WASH community of practice and major WASH networks in the country.
- Ensure multi-sectoral integration
- Participating and supporting WV non-sector activities and other duties assigned by the supervisor
- The department coordination and management effectively supported through assigned and delegated roles
WASH Technical Team Leader Job Vacancy at World Vision
KNOWLEDGE /QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE ROLE
Required Professional Experience
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience of progressive leadership in WASH programmes across various contexts and countries and implementation of donor funded programs
- Demonstrated track record in proposal development, funding acquisitions and grant management for major government donors preferred
Required Education, training, license, registration, and certification
- Masters’ degree in Public Health, Social Science, Water Resource Management, or equivalent experience
Preferred Knowledge and Qualifications
- Training or certification in integrated water resources management, behaviour change, market-based solutions, and other WASH areas (documented experience alternately accepted)
- Knowledge on proposal development and engagement skills
- Training and documented experience in developing and nurturing partnerships
Applicant Types Accepted:
Local Applicants Only