Palladium works with governments, businesses, and investors to solve the world's most pressing challenges.
Youth, Gender Equality and Social Inclusion (GESI) Advisor – USAID/Tanzania Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) Market Systems Activity
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved – and is committed to continuing to improve – economies, societies and most importantly, people’s lives.
Palladium develops and delivers innovative, locally relevant, evidence-based solutions to improve the health and well-being of people around the world. Since 1971, we have assisted governmental and non-governmental agencies, foundations, and the private sector by designing, implementing, and evaluating programs in HIV/AIDS, sexual and reproductive health, population and family planning, maternal and child health, infectious diseases, and gender. Palladium has deep expertise in policy and advocacy, research and strategic information, health markets and private sector engagement, modeling and economic analysis, patient monitoring and management/HMIS, strategic consulting, and program management.
Palladium is a child-safe organization, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran, or marital status.
Project Overview and Position
The Youth, Gender, Equality and Social Inclusion (GESI) Advisor is a full-time position for an opportunity in Tanzania for the Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) Market Systems Activity to increase focus on partnering with the Government of Tanzania and the private sector to expand provision and governance of WASH services, products, and management of the water resources. It will increase access to sustainable rural and urban water resources, finance for WASH, strengthen the market for sanitation and hygiene products, and strengthen basin water boards and water user associations to enhance stewardship of water resources. The Youth and GESI Advisor will lead all efforts to identify and overcome youth and GESI barriers in WASH opportunities and program in Tanzania S/he will lead Youth and GESI assessments and oversee the development and implementation of youth and GESI activities.
This position will be based in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania and is contingent upon contract award to Palladium.
Reports to: Chief of Party
Duration: 5 years
Location: Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
- Lead the design and implementation of the project’s youth and Gender Equality and Social Inclusion (GESI) strategy and activities.
- Provide cross-cutting leadership across all five objective areas in identifying youth and GESI issues within programs and developing strategies for strengthening the integration of youth and GESI across all activities
- Build staff capacity on the application of a youth and GESI lens across the program cycle.
- Participate in and contribute to external technical working groups on issues related to gender equality, gender empowerment, social inclusion, and inclusive development.
- Develop innovative approaches to advancing gender equality, promote inclusive development, and prevent and address gender-based violence.
- Lead and/or support gender analysis processes, including study design, staff training, data collection and data analysis.
- Provide ongoing technical support for the development, implementation and evaluation of programs with youth and GESI-focused outcomes.
View also: Community Development Officer Job Vacancy at the Jane Goodall Institute
Youth, Gender Equality and Social Inclusion (GESI) Advisor Job Vacancy at Palladium
- Extensive professional experience in youth and gender equality and social inclusion, preferably in a USAID context.
- Proven expertise in gender and social inclusion, including in gender-focused analysis, gender-smart investing, differential gender impacts of laws, policies and regulations, or similar framework.
- Extensive experience in WASH, public health, and/or similar field highly preferred.
- Demonstrated familiarity with relevant ecosystem actors including technical specialists in gender sector assessments, trade and investment transaction advisors, USAID and other donors
- Experience designing and implementing youth and GESI-related trainings and workshops related to WASH and public health.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Sound relationship and people management skills.
- Statistical and analytical acumen and the ability to interpret and analyze data for trends, performance gaps, and other relevant information.
- Sound problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Experience in Tanzania and East Africa highly preferred.
- Must be fluent in English.
Tanzanian Nationals are Encouraged to apply.
Please submit a CV and Cover Letter in English.
To apply for this job please visit palladium.csod.com.