Website Serene Microfinance Limited
Serene Microfinance Limited has been a growing and expanding company since its establishment in providing financial solutions to many individuals
3 Job Vacancies at Serene Microfinance Limited
Serene Microfinance Limited has been a growing and expanding company since its establishment in providing financial solutions to many individuals and corporates. Serene Microfinance Ltd exceptionally stands as good example due to the unique contribution in reaching many categories of customers in Tanzania with micro-loans whose operations are in many parts of Dar es Salaam City and the nearby Regions.
In an effort to stream line operations, Serene Microfinance LTD seeks to recruit qualified Senior Risk Officer, Accountant Officer and Marketing Officer to assist on the Management of Risk, finance and Marketing Department. (Location Dar es Salaam)
Adverts Date: 17/05/2023
1. Position: Senior Credit Risk Officer (1Post)
- Senior Credit risk officers are responsible for managing the risks that arise from lending Money to Serene Customers, analyze the creditworthiness of potential borrowers and decide whether or not to extend those loans.
- Credit risk officers also are responsible for monitor existing loans to ensure that borrowers continue to meet their obligations under these agreements.
- Credit risk officers need to have a strong understanding of financial concepts and practices.
- Need to be able to read and interpret financial statements, understand the implications of different financial strategies and make informed decisions about financial matters.
- Communication skills: Credit risk officers’ needs to know how to communicate with a variety of individuals and groups, including other members of a company’s leadership team, employees, customers, suppliers and regulators.
- Risk management skills: the ability to identify potential risks and develop strategies to mitigate them.
- As a credit risk officer, you may be responsible for developing and implementing a company’s risk management strategy.
- Holder of University Degree or equivalent qualification in Risk Management, Finance or any other related field
- Proven work experience of 3 years as Risk Officer in Microfinance or Bank
- Exposure to microfinance desired, Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word, and Power Point.Reporting Relationship: Credit Risk Officer Reporting to General Manager
2. Position: Accountant officer (1 Post)
- Provides financial information to management by researching and analyzing accounting data as well as preparing financial reports.
- Handling statutory deductions and tax payments while observing the stipulated deadline dates of submission. This includes the following taxes, Income tax, VAT, PAYE, Withholding tax.
- Performs audit work in accordance with the approved audit manual and professional standards and carries out the procedures outlined in the internal audit plan.
Required Skills and Experiences
- Accounting, Corporate Finance, Reporting Skills, Attention to Detail, Deadline-Oriented, Reporting Research Results, Confidentiality, Time Management, Data Entry Management, General Mathematical Skills and Computer Application Skills (Excel, Word, Power Point etc)
- Holders of Bachelor Degree or Advanced Diploma in Accounting or Finance with at least one year’ experience in a similar position
- Accountant Officer Reporting to the Acting General Manager
3 Job Vacancies at Serene Microfinance Limited
3. Position: Marketing Officer (1post)
- Fully engage in selling of the microfinance products.
- Manage Microfinance Social Media and Advertising activities with a goal of maintaining a favorable image with potential customers, and the public.
- Maintain brand integrity across all Microfinance’s products and services.
- Manage tools that are used for the marketing purpose such as posters, DVD’s etc and Prepare Marketing Reports ,budget, and monthly expenditure report of the advertisements, promotions events and all types of expenses involved in marketing products .
- Reporting Relationship; Marketing Officer Reports Direct to Acting General Manager Required Skills and
- Strong networking and problem solving skills, strong attention to details and ability to work under tight deadlines.
- Must be aware of the market trends, competitors in the market and future threats.
- Expert marketing skills and ability to implement new and innovative marketing strategies
- Ability to work both independently and as a team.
- Excellent customer service knowledge and ability to impart positive customer relations.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to negotiate with the clients and the advertising agencies, Experience in the digital and social media space .
- Excellent commercial / contextual understanding Self-motivated and goal orientated
- Honest and self-disciplined.
- Excellent Communication (both written and spoken) in English & Swahili and Computer Application Skills (Excel, Word ,Power Point ect
- Holder of University Degree or equivalent qualification in Marketing or other related discipline.
- A t least one year experience in a similar position.
NOTE: Experience of working with Microfinance Institutions/Bank will be an added advantage.
Kindly submit your application along with Academic Certificates (Photocopies) and detailed CV containing names of three (3) referees with their contacts to the address below in one PDF File not later than 20th May, 2023. All late applications will not be processed.
All applications should be sent by email and addressed to:
The Human Resource and Administration Manager,
Serene Microfinance Ltd, P.O. Box 33813,
Dar es Salaam.
Note: only shortlisted candidates would be contacted
“Serene Microfinance is an Equal Employment Opportunity Company. Both Men and Women are encouraged to apply
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com