Website BRAC Enterprises Tanzania Limited (BETL)
BRAC Enterprises Tanzania Limited (BETL) is a registered private company in Tanzania.
Administration and Procurement Officer Job Vacancy at BRAC Enterprises Tanzania Limited (BETL)
CAREER WITH BRAC ENTERPRISE TANZANIA LIMITED
About BRAC Enterprises Tanzania Limited (BETL)
BRAC is one of the largest providers of non-formal education in the world. We have been running schools in Bangladesh for 30+ years and internationally since 2002. BRAC currently operates a global pre-primary school program in Bangladesh, Tanzania, and Uganda, and we are developing markets for early childhood development (ECD) for 3-5-year-olds in the same countries through our ‘Play Labs’ project. In Tanzania, this includes the operation of 30 play labs co-located with the Tanzanian Government and funded through the Yidan Prize.
BRAC Enterprises Tanzania Limited (BETL) is a registered private company in Tanzania. Working as a social enterprise, BETL is currently piloting a cross-subsidy business model for ECD to improve the development of 3-5-year-old children in Tanzania. Through this project, BRAC aims to catalyze the ECD private sector in Tanzania by developing a sustainable business model for the provision of low-cost, high-quality, and scalable play-based ECD program. The BETL team recently opened five schools and is in the process of launching one mobile ECD program in Dar es Salaam
BRAC in Tanzania is seeking applications from competent, dynamic and self-motivated individual to fill up the following position;
Position (1): Administration and Procurement Officer
Job Location: Dar es Salaam.
We are currently looking for an enthusiastic, skilled and innovative Administration and Procurement Officer to join our dynamic team. The Administration and Procurement Officer plays a vital role in ensuring the seamless operation of administrative functions and efficient procurement processes within the organization. This position involves a combination of administrative support, procurement management, and vendor relations to support the overall success of the organization.
Bachelors or Master’s degree in Procurement and Logistics, Business Administration and any other related fields
Proven experience (2+ years) in this role
- Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs): Assist in designing comprehensive SOPs to document and standardize various workflows, ensuring clarity and consistency in implementation at the field level.
- Documentation and Analysis: Thoroughly documenting existing processes, workflows, and systems for detailed analysis and improvement strategies.
- Decentralization: Supporting decentralizing processes to improve efficiency and responsiveness.
- Procurement: Assist in procurement processes and supporting decentralization of procurement to Angaza Academies. Collaborate with team members to streamline procurement procedures and optimize workflow.
- Assist in training and Support: Providing comprehensive training and ongoing support to Angaza Academy staff to ensure effective adoption and adherence to new SOP’s, processes and school management system.
- Data Management: Managing data effectively within systems, ensuring accuracy, security, and accessibility to authorized personnel.
- Process Improvement Leadership: Taking the lead in identifying areas for process enhancement and collaborating with teams to implement changes aimed at improving overall efficiency and productivity.
- Collaborate with all BRAC support functions to ensure BETL staff are assisted where needed to function effectively and efficiently
Required Skills / Capacity
- Bachelor Degree in Business Administration or related field.
- Minimum 2 years experience in administrative role, compliance, or procurement support.
- Basic understanding of procurement processes and familiarity with compliance principles.
- Strong organizational skills with keen attention to detail.
- Proficiency in using office software and computer applications.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritize responsibilities.
- Collaborative team player with a willingness to learn and adapt
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: CONTRACTUAL
How to apply:
If you feel you are the right match for the above-mentioned position, please apply by sending your
CV and cover letter through email to: email@example.com with a subject “Administration and Procurement Officer”
Please mention the name of the position, in the subject bar.
Only complete applications will be accepted, and shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Women are highly encouraged to apply.
Application deadline: 14th February 2024
BRAC is committed to safeguarding children, young people, and vulnerable adults, and expects all employees and volunteers to share the same commitment. We believe every stakeholder and every member of the communities we work with has the right to be protected from all forms of harm, abuse, neglect, harassment, and exploitation – regardless of age, race, religion, and gender, status as an individual with a disability or ethnic origin. Therefore, our recruitment process includes extensive reference and background checks, self-disclosure of prior issues regarding sexual or other misconduct and criminal records and our values are a part of our Performance Management System.
BRAC is an equal opportunities employer.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org