Website WiLDAF Tanzania
Provides legal service to women and children who cannot hire advocates.
Women in Law and Development in Africa Women in Law and Development in Africa (WiLDAF), is a pan African women’s rights network which is dedicated to promoting and strengthening strategies that link law and development to increase women’s participation and influence at community, national, region and international levels.
It was founded in February, 1990 in Harare Zimbabwe – following the NGO forum held within the context of the UN Decade for women- and, whose theme was “Women rights and Development: Network for Empowerment in Africa”. Since then, the organization has established chapters in 26 African countries, including Tanzania, constituting over 350 organizations and 3,000 individuals who share these objectives. WiLDAF has 20 years of experience and an excellent track record to advance women’s rights and their status in Tanzania. This is because gender equality is not only a fundamental right, but also a necessary foundation for a peaceful, prosperous and sustainable world.
Our Focus Areas Of Intervention And Priority Programs:
- Increased access to Justice for Women, Girls, And Other Marginalized Citizens
- Reduced Gender Based Violence to and Violence Against Women And Children
- Strengthened Women’s and Young Women’s Participation In Leadership And Feminist Movements.
- Increased Access to Sexual And Reproductive Health And Rights (SRHR) And Bodily Autonomy
- Enhanced Women Economic Justice And Rights
- Strengthened Partnership And Institutional Capacity That Is Supported By A Good Governance Framework That Is Gender Inclusive And Sustainable.
Duties And Responsibilities
Other Duties and Responsibilities will include;
- Lead the strategy, planning, development and implementation of the programmatic communications and advocacy strategy including effectively disseminating information (technical briefs, webinars, social media posts etc.) to produce impact
- Support implementing partners to develop their strategy and internal capacity to influence decision making at a national governmental level
- Facilitate and leverage the contributions of key stakeholders such as implementing partners and the Regional Steering Committee to implement a high impact communications and advocacy strategy in line with the SKPA-2 program objectives
General communications management
- Draft and coordinate the production and dissemination of a diverse range of products including external facing reports, technical briefs, infographics, program updates, media releases and success stories
- Ensure consistent people-centred, plain-English language of all communications and related products
- Manage the dissemination and maintenance of WiLDAF’s publications and products through channels such as website, social media, and other external facing platforms to ensure emerging research, program updates, success stories and reports of regional and country progress reach their target audiences, and are consistently branded
- Establish metrics for measuring and gauging impact of materials and publications, and provide updates on these metrics throughout the project
- Where necessary develop, manage, and maintain internal communications resources such as branding guidelines, style guide, templates etc.
- Work with WiLDAF’s intervention and priorities program and technical staff on the design and delivery of a regular program of technical updates for staff and partners
- Working with UNAIDS and with the support of Deputy Director – Programs, provide high quality secretariat support to the Regional Steering Committee and any of its sub-committees, including the development of the agenda, taking of minutes, assisting in the development of briefing papers, reports, maintenance of the dedicated communication platforms.
- Provide secretariat support to the WiLDAF Community of Practice, including the development of the agenda, taking of minutes, assisting in the development of briefing papers, reports, maintenance of the dedicated communication platforms.
Education Other Skills Required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Development Studies, Social Work or Sciences , Journalism or Mass Communications.
- A minimum of three (3) years’ work experience in program implementation, advocacy and communication in an NGO setting with experience in working with USAID projects
- Must be social media savvy; experience managing social media accounts, website content, and editing an organizational website.
- Demonstrable exceptional energy to work and multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Good knowledge of how to use computers and basic MS suite such as word, outlook, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Basic design skills to ensure products and materials look professional and are consistent in branding and style
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as a member of a diverse team.
- Ability to maintain a calm and professional attitude under pressure or constantly shifting
Core Attributes and Skills:
The successful applicant will display the following:
- Ability to contextualise complex, technical and at times, scientific information into people-centred plain English and adapt and tailor writing style and tone to match the intended audience
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to identify and develop strategies to effectively influence decision making either directly or by working to capacitate local implementing partners
- Strong listening skills with the ability to interpret key messages and information
- Excellent knowledge of English, strong oral and written communication and experience developing, drafting, and editing a range of communication products
- Ability to facilitate meetings on online communications platforms and coordinating activities across multiple time-zones
- Demonstrated interpersonal and teamwork skills in a fast-paced work environment
- Ability to prioritise tasks, take initiative, and independently manage competing demands
- Function effectively in cross-cultural teams, making culturally appropriate adjustments to communications materials aligned with the aims and objectives of the program
Code of Conduct:
To uphold WiLDAF’s financial policies and procedures, staff code of conduct and values at all times during the course of your post with the organization. Acting as a role model in the course of your duties
How to Apply: