Website BRAC Maendeleo Tanzania
BRAC Maendeleo Tanzania takes a participatory, community-based, and inclusive approach to designing context-specific, impactful programmes.
Area Supervisor – ECD Job Vacancies at BRAC Maendeleo Tanzania – 2 Positions
BRAC envisions a world free from all forms of exploitation and discrimination where
Everyone has the opportunity to realize their potential. Both BRAC and the Mastercard Foundation believe in the potential of young people to transform their lives and communities if given the opportunity to fully exercise their agency and engage in dignified and fulfilling work. Together, the two organizations bring the experience, creativity, and resources needed to address the mounting challenges faced by Sub-Saharan Africa’s growing youth population, most of whom are living in poverty and extreme poverty. AIM is a multifaceted approach designed to make a substantial contribution to youth unemployment across the diverse challenges faced by AGYW in the African context. Throughout the capacity-building interventions and livelihood pathways, there will be an intentional focus in going the extra mile to support different categories of girls facing intersectional vulnerabilities, such as populations living in ultra-poverty, those facing displacement, and those living with a disability
BRAC Maendeleo Tanzania is part of a leading development organization that started its operations in 2006 in Tanzania, focusing on thematic areas of Agriculture, Youth and Women Empowerment, Food Security and Livelihood.
About the Programme
In the AIM project, the inclusion of Early Childhood Development (ECD) micro-enterprises as a pilot initiative is an innovative and community need-based solution were young women aged 18 to 35 will receive support in terms of knowledge, skills, and capital to become micro-entrepreneurs. These women will provide quality childcare services for young children in their own communities in Uganda, Tanzania, and Liberia. The knowledge and expertise of the BRAC Play Lab model will be used in the form of curriculum, play space and materials design, training, management and monitoring to set up the childcare micro enterprises.
BRAC Maendeleo Tanzania is seeking applications from competent, dynamic, and self- motivated individuals to fill the following position.
Position ( 02): Area Supervisor – ECD
Job Location : Anywhere in Tanzania
The Area Supervisor will manage the implementation of the AIM project’s ECD component for BRAC Maendeleo Tanzania in regional level. This role involves overseeing all day-to-day management and administrative aspects of the ECD programming, under the supervision of Technical Lead – ECD/AIM with programmatic guidance from the country ECD technical team and BRAC International. This will be a full-time position based in BRAC regions in Tanzania
MAIN JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversee ECD staff to ensure effective coordination. This will include ensuring the following activities are conducted at the highest standards: Entrepreneur selection and child survey, staff recruitment and placement, childcare set up, play lab curriculum roll out, business development and market, and inclusive learning.
- Manage stakeholder coordination to develop, adopt and deliver ECD components under AIM project.
- Oversee overall implementation of ECD programming in the selected areas.
- Contextualize and implement the operations manual, manage recruitment and training of relevant staff, participant selection, profiling, and training.
- Establish safe spaces for ECD children, oversee the intervention package and input support in selection and delivery.
- Ensure quality implementation of monitoring systems in consultation with BMT M&E officers
- Support process documentation and analysis; dissemination of lessons learned and best practices among internal stakeholders and donors.
- Support technical donor reviews and external engagement activities including meetings with implementation partners, government agencies, civil society, and local Community Based Organizations, organizing learning and knowledge-sharing sessions.
- Support budget development and reviews in alignment with technical narrative
- Oversee database management, including updates for pipeline reports, grant stewardship, prospect research, and contact management
- Manage external technical consultants and partners in the country
- Support the communications team with up-to-date content to create presentations and marketing materials to showcase program and project successes
- Conduct monitoring and program design visits on an as needed basis
- Ensure the safety of team members from any harm, abuse, neglect, harassment, and exploitation to achieve the programmes goals on safeguarding implementation.
- Act as a key source of support, guidance, and expertise on safeguarding for establishing a safe working environment.
- Practice, promote and endorse the issues of safeguarding policy among team members and ensure the implementation of safeguarding standards in every course of action.
- Follow the safeguarding reporting procedure in case any reportable incident takes place and encourage others to do the same.
- Knowledge of Child Protection and the Child Protection Systems in the Country.
- An understanding of delivering services through volunteers.
- Providing effective supervision and management of staff and team development.
- Knowledge on Government policies and programs pertaining to ECD sector development Training facilitation skills
- Computer software skills and knowledge
- Experience managing ECD related interventions or projects
- Experience building and managing project team
- Experience developing and/or using project cycle management tools such as work plans, budgets etc
- Experience in monitoring and evaluation
- Experience in recruitment and capacity building for staff
- Bachelor Degree Social Work or its equivalent with added experience in Counseling
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: CONTRACTUAL
If you feel you are the right match for the above-mentioned position, please follow the application instructions accordingly:
Candidate needs to email their CV with a letter of interest mentioning educational grades, years of experience, current and expected salary at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Only complete applications will be accepted, and shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Application deadline: 05th February 2024
BRAC is committed to safeguarding children, young people, and vulnerable adults, and expects all employees and volunteers to share the same commitment. We believe every stakeholder and every member of the communities we work with has the right to be protected from all forms of harm, abuse, neglect, harassment, and exploitation – regardless of age, race, religion, and gender, status as an individual with a disability or ethnic origin. Therefore, our recruitment process includes extensive reference and background checks, self-disclosure of prior issues regarding sexual or other misconduct and criminal records and our values are a part of our Performance Management System.
BRAC is an equal opportunities employer.
Recommended: Read our Job Tips Here to enhance your Application