Website Williamson Diamonds Limited
Petra Diamonds is a leading independent diamond-mining group
ASSISTANT SAFETY OFFICER – 01 POSITION ADVERTISEMENT
Applicants are invited to apply for the existing position mentioned above.
Position Title: Assistant Safety Officer
Location: Williamson Diamonds Limited, Mwadui, Shinyanga
Report: HSE Manager
Williamson Diamond Limited (WDL) is the only Tanzania’s large-scale diamond producer. The mine is an open pit operation based upon the 146-hectare Mwadui kimberlite pipe, which is one of the world’s largest economic kimberlites. For over 80 years, Williamson Diamond Limited has lived side by side and co-existed peacefully with the communities around Mwadui, while implementing a wide range of development programs for the last ten years, focusing on promoting the lives and livelihoods of the communities surrounding Mwadui Mine Site.
Role Description: Adhering to safety procedures, identifying hazardous elements, training employees on safety matters and aiding on development safety manuals and guidelines.
- Communicate and enforce changes to or compliance to legislation and other requirements to ensure organizational legal compliance.
- Communicate Health and Safety Awareness and Campaigns and on job coaching of legislative and procedural requirements.
- Conduct and coach health and safety risk assessments relevant to the issue, changes or routine activities executed in workplaces.
- Examining working areas, locating hazardous elements as well as keeping up with safety manuals and guidelines.
- Conduct safety inspections to all working places and write reports with actions and follow up actions taken to remediate findings and close of findings.
- Meet with HODs and supervisors in area of responsibility to ensure compliance in legislation requirements, risk behavior and conditions to ensure objectives and KPIs are achieved.
- Participate in HSE representative meetings and assist them to fulfil their duties
- Participate in internal and external safety audits.
- Address safety issues in maintenance meetings and in other meetings.
- Assist HSE manager to give feedback on compliance assurance and performance and receive instructions to improve safety performance in the area of responsibility.
- Assist HSE Manager with information gathering related to mandatory reports.
- Assists HODs and lead in internal incidents investigations, remedial action plans and over inspections.
- Effective team player and effective self-management.
Minimum Requirements for all applicants:
- Ordinary Diploma OR Bachelor Degree in Environmental Sciences and Management, Public Health or relevant field.
- Must have NOSHIC 1 and NOSHIC 2 Certificates
- A minimum of 2-3 years in related field.
- Proven computer literacy in MS Word/MS Office/excel
- Excellent verbal and written communication both English and Swahili
Assistant Safety Officer Job Vacancy at Williamson Diamonds Limited
Other required Skills and Competencies:
- Planning, coordinating and prioritizing
- Attentive to details
- Customer relations
- Problem solving
- Team Player
- Strong ethics and Reliability
Mode of Application
Candidates meeting the requisite qualifications should submit their applications describing how they qualify for the positions. They should also send detailed CV, copies of school credentials/ certificates, three referees, daytime telephone numbers and e-mail addresses beforeor on 15th September, 2023 at 16hrs00. Via the following address:
Human Resources Manager,
Williamson Diamonds Ltd,
P O. Box 23,
Or drop the same through the following email. firstname.lastname@example.org
Williamson Diamonds Limited supports the Mineral policy (2009) of Tanzania and is committed to ensure adequate development of local technical capacity to service the mining industry; and to employ local experts available and develop succession plans for Tanzanians to take over expatriate positions. Pre-screening, profile testing, on mine assessments, medical and security clearances form part of the minimum requirement and selection process. Short listed candidates will be required to attend a panel interview. Employment of the successful candidate is subject to passing on mine induction and the aforementioned criteria.
If you do not hear from us after 30th October, 2023 please consider yourself unsuccessful. Williamson Diamonds Limited is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please note that Petra Diamonds limited/Williamson Diamonds limited does not at any time require any form of payment for recruitment purposes. If you are approached in this regard, you should report the incident immediately via one of the following hotlines:
Phone Call: +255 28 276 3872, or +255 767 744 617;
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com