Website Expert Consultancy
Strategy HR & Management Solutions Consulting firm.
Our client Sopa Lodges is a registered Tanzanian Company under Companies Ordinance(Cap.212)and a leading Hospitality Company with Operations in Tanzania with major operations in Arusha Town, Serengeti in Mara region, Manyara, Tarangire National Park Arusha and Manyara region, other hospitality destination Tanzania and Zanzibar Island. On behalf of their management we are currently hiring for the above position to be part of they’re team. The position will be based in Serengeti National park in Tanzania.
Position Title: Barman
Reporting to: F & B Manager
Duty station:Serengeti Explorer
Start: Mid of December, 2023
Bartenders will be responsible to prepare and serve drinks to customers. Able to mix and match ingredients in order to create classic and innovative drinks in accordance with customers’ needs and expectations. The purpose of this position is to interact with the Lodge guests and ensure they have a great experience at the BAR or lounge.
Bartenders should maintain positive guest interactions while accurately mixing and serving beverages to guests and servers in a friendly and efficient manner.
BARMAN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Interact with customers, take orders for drinks and snacks.
- Plan and present bar menu.
- Serve snacks and drinks to the customer.
- Mix ingredients to prepare cocktails, mocktails and other drinks.
- Mix drinks, cocktails and other bar beverages as ordered and in compliance with lodge standard drink recipes.
- Prepare alcohol or non-alcohol beverages.
- Service Wine and Beer to guests.
- Arrange bottles and glasses to make attractive displays.
- Assess customers’ needs and preferences and make recommendations
- Ability to Sell or influence others for up selling and suggestive selling.
- Provide recommendations and suggestions to guest for choosing Drinks and Snacks.
- Serve customers in a friendly and helpful manner.
- Keep the bar counter and work area neat and clean at all times.
- Provide guidance to guests on lodge activities, dining options and general lodge and park information.
- Demonstrate a thorough knowledge of food and beverage products, menus and Promotions
- Handle and move objects, such as glasses and bottles, using hands and arms.
- Clean up after customers and clean work area.
- Clear ashtrays as and when required.
- Wash glassware and utensils after each use.
- Maintain a clean working area by sweeping, vacuuming, dusting, cleaning of glass doors and windows, etc. if required.
- Maintain liquor inventory and consumption.
- Ensure that the assigned bar area is fully equipped with tools and products needed for Mixing beverages and serving guests.
- Stay guest focused and nurture an excellent guest experience
- Comply with all food and beverage regulations
- Perform Other duties as and when assigned by the hotel management.
Barman Job Vacancy at Expert Consultancy
Must be able to communicate in English writing and speaking and other languages are advantages. Good personality and Positive interpersonal skills required.
Certificate and/or Diploma Hotel Management holder or similar qualification. Knowledge of computers, Wines, POS – Point of sales system and inventory software.
- Previous bartending experience required in a Mid-scale or Luxury property. experience in handling Point of sale (POS) terminals and Stock & Inventory management software.
- Minimum two (2) years of bar or restaurant experience to include drink preparation
- Excellent memory for recipes and people
- Strong communication skills with clients and servers
- Able to handle a busy Lodge bar that also serves the restaurant
- Extremely organized
- Able to work any shift and willing to work longer shifts on weekends
- Good listener and helpful to out of town guests
- Dedicated to maintaining a clean bar area
Please send your CV and Cover letter quoting the job titleon the email subject (Barman Job Vacancy (JV/ECL/SL03/23) on or before 27th November, 2023 to email@example.com
Please ready & understand the positions requirements before sharing your application with us. We regret to inform that with volumes of CV’s received, we will be able to reply to only candidates who will meet the required qualifications & experience.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org