National Bank of Commerce
NBC is the oldest serving bank in Tanzania with over five decades of experience. We offer a range of retail, business, corporate and investment banking, wealth management products and services.
To drive and deliver exceptional business performance, through the provision of efficient business management, powerful leadership, team development and achievement of operational rigor excellence in branches with up to 20 staff members or branches with single customer categories.
Accountability: Business Management (40%)
- Outputs to deliver this accountability:
- Spearhead a holistic acquisition, service and customer portfolio management strategy within the branch comprising of major segments including Corporate, Retail and Business Bank.
- Create an acquisition, service and portfolio management strategy that focuses on customers financial service needs across all products.
- Champion the cultural change needed to reinforce consistent Sales, Service and Portfolio Management disciplines where there is absolute accountability for value.
- Creating a sense of urgency and excitement around the vision and strategy-taking strong action when necessary to ensure individual actions, process and practices aligned.
- Resource, develop and retain a motivated high performing team committed to achieving success. Agree challenging performance and development objectives for all direct reports providing regular feedback/coaching to ensure their maximum potential is achieved.
- Champion high performing team behaviors and work together with branch teams (sales & operations) to achieve great results.
- Represent NBC in local community, actively demonstrating the NBC behaviors to protect and enhance the Brand Champion equality and Diversity issues.
- Pursue own development to increase personal effectiveness acknowledging strengths and areas of development.
- Empower people to encourage individual ownership and drive innovative thinking towards effectiveness and increased productivity.
- Ensure that there are schemes in place to reward, recognize, and motivate to achieve exceptional results.
Accountability: Driving Business Direction & Performance (45%)
- Help the product team to provide customer centric products to support the branch core objectives working with Heads of Product & Segment and other key stakeholders.
- Support and guide People Development to ensure optimal utilisation and delivery – the right number of people with right skills at the right cost to achieve business targets/objectives.
- To partner with Product & Segment teams to shape the business strategy providing direction to the distribution Network change agenda to ensure delivery of the strategy.
- Optimize performance in risk, rigour, and regulatory compliance, people and customer experience, revenue contribution and cost efficiencies.
- Work closely with Finance & Treasury to develop and agree on short/medium term financial plans.
- Develop the strategic alliances with internal and external key stakeholders to enhance further business opportunities.
- Ensure the effective controls and processes frameworks are in place to enable: Compliance with regulatory requirements, Effective operational risk and rigour management, Business resumption and contingency planning, including critical incident reporting and effective implementation of the BCM, Drive controls and fraud awareness through a robust plan across the entire network.
- Regulatory compliance requirements and risk and rigour management
- Review core business processes of liabilities and insurance teams to maximize efficiency of the network operation thereby leveraging business performance.
- Define and implement performance statistics for the sales network, built on a consistent set of performance monitoring and action planning.
- Internal and external benchmarking and a move towards “Go To Bank” status.
- Define and implement performance feedback mechanisms to key senior stakeholders to maximize performance, providing constructive challenge around demand within context of value based management.
- Accountable for Balance sheet of the branch Network.
- Grow the Branch Network P& L.
Accountability: Colleagues (15%)
- Establish ‘Winning Together’ culture and partner with all stakeholders to ensure a mind-set change in the network helping to embed a sales and performance management culture.
- Work with other stakeholders (internal and external) to develop and implement the best sales and service network within a controlled environment.
- Work with other business in AARO to be able to leverage of their experiences through exchange of the best practices.
- Work closely with AARO Head of Distribution to ensure level alignment and timely support in rolling out initiatives and projects.
- Partner with Corporate Bank managing in the delivery of corporate services through the branch network.
Required – Commercial University Degree or Equivalent.
Preferred- Masters Degree in Business Discipline.
- At least 7 years experience and a Leader with extensive knowledge in Distribution network/Sales and customer Experience.
- More than 7 years experience in Senior/Similar role.
- One who has worked sufficiently in Matrix Management.
Knowledge & Skills:
- In-depth knowledge of regulatory compliance, Risk and Corporate governance.
- In-depth Knowledge of business disciplines
- Distribution and Networking skills.
- Management performance
- Experience of managing teams
- Demonstrated experience in operational process management.
- Supplier/Stakeholder/Customer relationship management – internal and external.
- Advanced sales and communication including platform presentations, negotiation and influencing.
Analytical Thinking – Advanced (Meets all of the requirements), Bachelor`s Degrees and Advanced Diplomas – Business, Commerce and Management Studies, Commercial mindset – Senior (Meets all of the requirements), Customer Excellence – Service Management (Meets all of the requirements), Digital familiarity (Meets all of the requirements), Experience in a similar environment at junior management level, Leading people – Team level (Meets all of the requirements), Openness to change (Meets some of the requirements and would need further development)
- Location: Zanzibar Branch NBC
How to Apply:
To apply for this job please visit absa.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com.