Website Airtel Tanzania PLC
Tanzania's leading provider of prepaid, postpaid mobile, Internet services & Mobile Money.
Brand & Media Specialist Job Vacancy at Airtel Tanzania PLC
Airtel Tanzania PLC is one of the leading providers of telecommunications and mobile money services with operations across Tanzania. Headquartered in Dar es Salaam, Airtel Tanzania ranks amongst the top 3 mobile services providers in Tanzania in terms of subscribers. Airtel Tanzania offers an integrated suite of telecommunications solutions to its subscribers, including mobile voice , data services as well as mobile money services both nationally and internationally. Airtel Tanzania aims to continue providing a simple and intuitive customer experience through streamlined customer journeys.
Airtel Tanzania PLC was launched in October 2001 and is Tanzania’s most innovative mobile phone operator, which has introduced many “firsts” in the telecommunications sector.
Airtel Tanzania PLC is looking for a suitable candidate for the Brand & Media Specialist Position under Marketing Department. The Brand & Media Specialist is responsible for creative development & Execution. The person must make the brand the most loved brand and ensure that initiatives are taken to market effectively. As a media specialist is responsible to execute and support above the line – ATL (TV, Radio, Print, Digital & Outdoor)advertising activities in line with the business strategy to grow long term share of voice, top of mind awareness and overall brand equity in line with the brand guidelines, business requirements and budget.
The Position reports to the Head of Brand & Communication.
Creative development in lesion with Creative agencies / partners.
- Researching and analyzing consumer behavior, market trends and competitor activity.
- Lead the process of creative development from developing Creative Brief to execution of the brief.
- Support the delivery of the creative briefs as per brand guidelines and specifications in a timely manner and within approved budget.
- Works with the Advertising Agency and other third-party agencies to develop appropriate promotions for the various retail channels.
- Implements advertising creative plan, audit comprising channel specific tracking, reviews outcomes and recommend relevant actions.
- Developing marketing calendar and marketing execution plan in line with marketing budget. Works within the advertising plans and tracks month by campaign.
Liaise with the advertising and creative agency/partners
- Monitors directly and reviews the vendors and agencies performance constantly seeking better value addition – through quality and cost>
- Prepares weekly reports on advertising agency buying status: payments done, pending invoices and LPO status.
- Document and monitors payment status for agencies, print, electronic and outdoor media suppliers.
- Develop and maintain a library with all creative and communication materials developed by the Agency/ competitor ads.
- Tracks the execution of advertising creative produced to ensure efficient workflow of the marketing work plan to execute campaigns in a timely manner as required.
Develop new and locally relevant initiatives.
- Drive high levels of partners/ supplier relationships in order to ensure constant communication is focused on all consumer segments.
- Innovates and constantly advices on creative production methods that leverage the brand in a positive and favorable way.
- Ensure execution of relevant campaigns for promotions, products and services launches and thematic/tactical messages on all outdoor, TV, Radio and Print Media by planning and developing accordingly.
- Ensure identification and deployment of the latest and most unique outdoor, TV, Radio, and print properties with the aim of maintaining the freshness of the brand in the market.
- Review and monitor performance against media schedules and ensure smooth placement and settlements and processes to all media houses according to contracts.
- Identify new opportunities and develop non-traditional media channels including electronic, out of home and print media.
- Conduct regular travel visits and ad hoc research to establish impact of TV, Radio and print mediums deployed
Grow Brand KPI’S as per Brand health trackers reports.
- Implement, monitor, and where appropriate recommend remedial action of the approved media plan.
- Innovate and propose new ways of attaining the highest recall possible for the Airtel brand.
- Ensure timely and right execution of all brand and product campaigns.
- Keeping up to date with all media vehicles with planned /approved communication
- Daily/weekly/monthly media monitoring of media placements across all TV, radio, and print media and per media.
- Weekly and monthly reporting of industry share of voice and share of expenditure by media and value per spot/placement compared to competition.
- Weekly/Monthly competitor review reports across different media platforms.
- Implementation and monitoring approved budget spending.
- Recommend innovate and revise cost efficient budget management approaches.
- Adherence to internal systems and processes
Any other duties as assigned by Head of Brand & Communications.
Brand & Media Specialist Job Vacancy at Airtel Tanzania PLC
Educational Qualification, Experience & Competencies
Education and Certification:
- Bachelors’ degree in Marketing/Communication/ Creative Development/ Business Administration or any other related field
- Specialization in Brand and Communication will be an added advantage
Relevant Experience Experience:
- Minimum 5 years experience working in marketing department handling brand management/creative development or working with Agencies in a similar role.
- Preferable from Telecom ,beverages, FMCG or creative agencies with experience in strategy execution of consumer ATL communication
- Strong relationships with Media houses and understanding of media landscape
Skills and Competencies
- Strong negotiation and project management skills.
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to lead, develop and train team members
- Proficiency in writing reports
- Excellent Excel, Visio, and PowerPoint skills.
- Creativity (out-of-the box thinking) & Innovation
The deadline for the Application is September 21, 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We therefore do not discriminate against applicants on the basis of, among others, their race, disability, their race, disability, religion or gender. All employment opportunities are decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.