Kilimanjaro Co-operative Bank Limited
JOB TITLE: BUSINESS RELATIONSHIP OFFICER
JOB REPORTING TO: TEAM LEADER- BUSINESS
DEPARTMENT: BRANCH OPERATIONS
CONTRACT TYPE: Permanent
LANGUAGE: English and Swahili
Develop and acquire new business opportunities and proactively market for lending/deposit mobilization from the existing business relationship and prospective clients.
Cross – selling bank services; working closely with the entire branch staff to maintain a high degree of customer focus.
Maintain relationship with all business customers and work closely with these customers to the mutual benefit of both the customer and the bank.
RELATIONSHIP MANAGEMENT FUNCTIONS
- Identify and acquire new business opportunities through local market intelligence.
- Manage bank and customer relationship to sell and cross bank’s product and services.
- Build and maintain strong business relationship with existing and prospects customers.
- Identify new business ventures through local market intelligence and identify support required for sales and on boarding execution.
- Demonstrate high level of integrity through compliance to credit policy and procedures.
- Handling customers’ queries/complaints relating to loan installments and other loan related issues.
- Deliver the promised service in a consistent and accurate manner with speed.
- Create trust, confidence and confidentiality to customers.
- Proactive monitoring and maintenance of the relationship especially in lending
LOAN PREPARATION & APPRAISAL FUNCTIONS
- Acquire, analyses and appraisal new and existing business projects for loan application
- Interviewing, analyzing, and evaluating borrowers and potential borrowers with emphasis on risks (business, financial, market etc) and particular focus on repayment risk (cash flow); preparation and completion of Credit
- Application form; making recommendations to branch Credit Committee/Head office Credit Dept.
- Maintaining SME credit files; co-coordinating efforts with SME UNIT, audit, loans administration & documentation and banking operations.
- Working together with the Branch Credit Officer to ensure loan documentation, security etc is perfected and in place before disbursement.
- Daily monitoring of account operations of all SME borrowers
- Check covenants and other conditions at least monthly
- Ensure compliance with terms & conditions laid down by the Approval and Offer Letter
- Review risk grades at least quarterly
- Maintain client registers/databases and ensuring all files and branch records are in order
- Quarterly review of security values (FSV)
- Undertake renewals &/or reviews of outstanding loans before 90 days of expiry.
- Working in co-operation with the Branch Manager and immediate supervisor to identify and monitor problem loans and possible delinquent facilities for further action;
- Actively pursue and engage doubtful customers and those in arrears, so that all avenues are explored before marking the loan as substandard or doubtful.
- Daily monitoring of all accounts in arrears
- Immediate follow-up of accounts in arrears
- Initiation of demand and other procedures
- Recommendations to Branch Manager/Field Supervisor
- Down-grading of accounts in arrears
- Re-assessment of securities and documentation
- Liaising with Recoveries Unit when appropriate (recovery of collaterals, use of debt collectors/auctioneers, write-offs etc)
- Preparing and agreeing an annual budget based on client portfolio
- Preparing and agreeing a monthly action plan and calling programme; regular monthly appraisal meeting with
- Branch Manager
- Maintain database of borrowing customers in the branch.
- Prepare performance reports (monthly work plan, activity report etc)
EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- University Degree in Business Administration, Banking, Accounting, Finance or any Business-related field.
- At least 3 years’ experience in banking operations particularly lending and business relationship management for both personal and enterprises customers
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Well-informed of the market competitive structure, banking industry practices and regulations.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, decision-making and financial management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and networking skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Co-operative and Professional
- Customer service oriented
- High level of integrity
- Focus on control and compliance
- Pro activeness and innovative in solving issues.
- Passion for managing support activities, maintaining control by being alert to, and proactively handle, (potential) issues that may disturb operations, solving issues by involving key stake holders.
- Self-driven, values based, innovative, independent adaptive and results oriented person.
COMMUNICATION & INTERACTION
- Branch Network
- Individual Customers
How to Apply
Send Your application letter and CV to Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline : 18th February 2024
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com