Website BRAC Enterprises Tanzania
BRAC Enterprises Tanzania Limited (BETL) is a registered private company in Tanzania.
Caregiver Assistant Job Vacancy BRAC Enterprises Tanzania
CAREER WITH BRAC ENTERPRISE TANZANIA LIMITED
About BRAC Enterprises Tanzania Limited (BETL)
BRAC is one of the largest providers of non-formal education in the world. We have been running schools in Bangladesh for 30+ years and internationally since 2002. BRAC currently operates a global pre-primary school program in Bangladesh, Tanzania, and Uganda, and we are developing markets for early childhood development (ECD) for 3-5-year-olds in the same countries through our ‘Play Labs’ project. In Tanzania, this includes the operation of 30 play labs co-located with the Tanzanian Government and funded through the Yidan Prize.
BRAC Enterprises Tanzania Limited (BETL) is a registered private company in Tanzania. Working as a social enterprise, BETL is currently piloting a cross-subsidy business model for ECD to improve the development of 3-5-year-old children in Tanzania. Through this project, BRAC aims to catalyze the ECD private sector in Tanzania by developing a sustainable business model for the provision of low-cost, high-quality, and scalable play-based ECD program. The BETL team recently opened five schools and is in the process of launching one mobile ECD program in Dar es Salaam
BRAC in Tanzania is seeking applications from competent, dynamic and self-motivated individual to fill up the following position;
Position (1): Caregiver Assistant
Job Location: Dar es Salaam- Mbagala
We are seeking a motivated and enthusiastic Child Caregiver Assistant who will support in providing nurturing care and support to children in our center, you will be responsible for supervising and engaging children in age-appropriate activities, maintaining a safe and clean environment, assisting with meal times, and helping children with basic tasks. You will collaborate with Head/Lead caregiver or teachers to create a stimulating and educational atmosphere that promotes social, emotional, and cognitive development in children. Compassion, patience, and a genuine interest in the well-being of children are key attributes for this role.
Form four certificate. A certificate in Early Childhood Education (ECD) is an added advantage
- Providing care for children aged three to five years.
- Following lesson plans provided by the Head caregiver to create a cohesive and consistent learning experience for children.
- Managing the classroom effectively to facilitate play-based learning activities that encourage physical, cognitive, social-emotional, and language development of each child following BRAC’s play-based early childhood development curriculum.
- Encouraging student participation, minimizing distractions, and maintaining a positive learning environment.
- Utilizing available resources effectively to provide an educationally sound program.
- Adapting the program and teaching methods to fit the needs of individual children with concerns for his/her interests, special needs, talents, and individual style and pace of learning.
- Ensuring children are learning positive behaviors and providing guidance or approved discipline as needed.
- Preparing children for pre-primary education.
- Providing updates to parents on children’s behavior and progress.
- Answering parent inquiries.
- Comforting children who are homesick or upset.
- Supervising children in and out of the classroom, ensuring their safety at all times.
- Observing and monitoring learning through play and other activities.
Required Skills / Capacity
- Have soft skills like teamwork, communication and flexibility
- Demonstrates patience and compassion.
- Exhibits traits of a responsible and attentive person.
- Demonstrates strong organizational skills.
- Possesses strong listening skills.
- Demonstrates ability to communicate effectively with young children.
- Is able to think and act quickly in a crisis.
- Possesses knowledge of basic first aid and emergency procedures.
- Demonstrates strong problem-solving skills.
- Exhibits ability to think creatively and innovatively when facilitating activities.
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal skills.
- Possesses physical and mental stamina required to oversee young children on
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: CONTRACTUAL
How to apply:
If you feel you are the right match for the above-mentioned position, please apply by sending your CV and cover letter through email to: firstname.lastname@example.org with a subject “Caregiver Assistant”
Please mention the name of the position, in the subject bar.
Only complete applications will be accepted, and shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Women are highly encouraged to apply.
Application deadline: 14th February 2024
BRAC is committed to safeguarding children, young people, and vulnerable adults, and expects all employees and volunteers to share the same commitment. We believe every stakeholder and every member of the communities we work with has the right to be protected from all forms of harm, abuse, neglect, harassment, and exploitation – regardless of age, race, religion, and gender, status as an individual with a disability or ethnic origin. Therefore, our recruitment process includes extensive reference and background checks, self-disclosure of prior issues regarding sexual or other misconduct and criminal records and our values are a part of our Performance Management System.
BRAC is an equal opportunities employer.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com