Population Services International (PSI) is a global not-for-profit organisation which has been working in Tanzania to improve the health of Tanzanians
Clinical Advisor Job Vacancies at PSI
Job Title: CLINICAL ADVISOR (4 posts)
Reporting to: TECHINICAL ADVISOR – MALARIA CASE MANAGEMENT
Location: MTWARA, RUVUMA, LINDI AND COAST REGIONS
Start date: OCTOBER, 2022
PSI is seeking an experienced, dynamic and results-driven Clinical Advisor to lead the implementation of the TMCM project activities in Mtwara, Ruvuma, Lindi and Coast regions. The Clinical Advisor will be responsible for strengthening Case Management (CM) and Malaria in Pregnancy (MIP) prevention primarily by supporting the planning, implementing and data use of Malaria Service Delivery and Quality Improvement (MSDQI) in public and private health facilities in the regions. The position will report to Technical Advisor, Malaria Case Management.
As the Clinical Advisor, you will be responsible for the overall development, management, and representation of TMCM in Lindi, Mtwara, Coast regions and Ruvuma. She/he will perform the following tasks:
- Support the R/CHMT in planning and conducting Malaria Service Data Quality Improvement (MSDQI) supportive supervision to all health facilities in the regions of implementation. This includes CM and MIP assessment, capacity building, service delivery site strengthening, follow up and supervision, mentoring, and monitoring and evaluation (M&E) across the region.
- Provide technical support to the R/CHMTs to interpret and use CM and MIP programmatic data for decision making. This includes collaborating with the project M&E team to develop and sustain database that monitor key MIP and CM indicators at district and contribute to the district and regional level achievements.
- Work collaboratively with program team members (e.g Technical Advisor – Malaria Diagnostic) to ensure necessary program planning, development, resources availability, and management activities function smoothly and efficiently. This includes organizing workshops, training sessions, and technical meetings in collaboration with the NMCP and local partners stakeholders.
- Conduct regular reporting to the TMCM CoP, the Technical Advisor, and technical staff, as well as the R/CHMT, of successes, challenges and lessons learned in implementation of CM and MIP activities. This includes documenting and maintaining an inventory off successful tools and approaches for CM including development and submission of abstract, papers and presentation to journals and conferences.
What are we looking for?
- Clinical degree (medicine preferred), with demonstrated experience of outreach training, mentoring, and support supervision in health facilities
- At least 6 years’ experience and technical knowledge in Malaria CM and MIP
- Understanding of public health and development approaches and familiarity with Tanzania’ health system, key stakeholders, and relevant government policies and strategies
- Understand of monitoring and evaluation of programs, and relevant government policies and strategies
- Understanding of monitoring and evaluation of programs, and skilled in use of data for decision – making and program management
- Excellent presentation skills and verbal and written communications skills
- Demonstrated self – management and the ability to project a professional, consistent image of confidence, integrity and competence
- Fluent in English and Kiswahili.
Clinical Advisor Job Vacancies at PSI
How to apply:
Application for the position must include:
- Cover letter illustrating your suitability for the position against the listed requirements.
- Detailed curriculum vitae showing contact address, email, and day –time mobile phone number (s) and three (3) referees, ONE being your last employer.
Application will be considered valid, if sent/received before 1700hrs, Friday, 23rd September, 2022. Please note that only short –listed candidates meeting the above requirements will be contacted. Send you application to email@example.com in MS Word or PDF file. Indicate the name of position on the subject line of your email. Please do not attach any certificates when submitting online.
PSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals regardless of actual or perceived race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual
orientation, marital status, personal appearance, matriculation, political affiliation, family status or responsibilities, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, childbirth, related medical conditions or breastfeeding, genetic information, amnesty, veteran, special disabled veteran or uniform service member status or employment status.
Recommended: Read our Job Tips Here to enhance your Application
NOTE: Only successful applicants will be contacted
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org