Website Tai Tanzania
Pioneers in the field of Social and Behavioral Change Communication (SBCC) in Tanzania.
Communication and Partnership Intern Job Vacancy at Tai Tanzania
Tai Tanzania is an innovative youth-led organization that uses the power of combining data, storytelling and technology to inspire behaviour changes among young people based on stories from the community. We produce edutainment contents such as animation film, music, and comics’ posters.
Tai was founded in 2012 and registered in 2013. Tai’s vision is to create social behavioural change in order to live in a society where youth are responsible leaders in ensuring sustainable development. In order to do so, Tai focuses on creating environments that will foster adolescents’ access to school, since education plays a crucial role in children’s and adolescents’ future lives.
Job Title: Communication and Partnership Intern (Local / International)
Report to: Communication and Partnership Manager
Duration: 6 Months – 1 Year
Location: Tanzania, Dar es salaam
Time: 40 hours per week
This position involves working closely with the communications team. You’ll play a pivotal role in implementing the organization’s Communication Strategy, producing high-quality content, and managing media relations. Additionally, you’ll contribute to partnership activities, developing annual communication strategies, creating persuasive grant proposals, and coordinating donor and partner meetings.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
● The Communications Intern works collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders
on website content, project initiatives, and serves as the staff writer on communications platforms.
● Effectively implement the organization’s Communications Strategy
● Write, edit, and distribute high quality content, including but not limited to, infographics, publications, newsletters, brochures, promotion materials, press releases, website and social media content, annual reports, speeches, and other marketing material that communicates the organization’s activities, services and impact
● Respond to media inquiries and arrange for interviews.
● Establish and maintain effective relationships with journalists, and maintain a media database.
● Seek opportunities to enhance the reputation of the organization, and coordinate publicity and fundraising events as required.
● Maintain records of media coverage and collate analytics and metrics.
● Develop and implement yearly communications strategyy amongst others, developing an annual grant writing plan under the guidance of project team
● Compiling and submitting persuasive and fundable grant proposals and concept notes.
Further, ensuring proposed project budgets meet donor requirements and proposed project goals.
● Accurately maintain a monthly proposal development pipeline tracker and distributing to
key staff within the organization.
● Coordinate closely with the Communications Team on matters related to maintaining and enhancing existing and potential partner relationships.
● Organize and coordinate donor meetings and periodical donor roundtable meetings.
● Assist in development of high-quality reports to donors and partners.
● Train and mentor project coordinators and officers on concept and proposal development.
QUALIFICATION AND SKILLS
● Professional experience with a focus on communication and marketing fundraising strategy
● Solid knowledge and understanding of traditional media and social media
● Experience in development of on-line fundraising campaigns beneficial;
● Outstanding writing and editing skills; strong attention to detail
● Excellent written and verbal communication skills
● In-depth knowledge of design, electronic composition, demonstrated success in leading a creative process, and ability to work as part of a team
● Committed, engaged, decisive, adaptable, and dependable
TEAM WORK & PARTICIPATORY
● To actively participate in organizational activities as may be directed by the management team / supervisor
● To participate in team building activities and organization events
● To participate all meetings of organization internal and external
HOW TO APPLY
Please send your CV and motivation statement to email@example.com with the subject of Job Application. The deadline for application will be on February 1, 2024 and Only shortlisted will be contacted for the Interview.
See also: How to Get Employed in Tanzania