CARE is an international humanitarian organization fighting global poverty and world hunger by working alongside women and girls.
Communication Officer Job Vacancy at CARE
CARE is a leading humanitarian organization dedicated to fighting poverty and social injustice and places a particular emphasis on women and girls, their dignity and empowerment to lead their communities out of poverty. CARE began working in Tanzania since April 1994, in response to the crisis in Rwanda and the subsequent influx of refugees into the Kagera Region of North-western Tanzania. Over the subsequent years, CARE Tanzania developed innovative education, health, microfinance, and environmental programs across most regions of the country. In Tanzania CARE works with the Government both in mainland and Zanzibar and other stakeholders to transform communities and ensure financial inclusion and independence, health and nutrition, climate-smart development resilience, especially for women and girls.
CARE Tanzania seeks to recruit a self-motivated, results driven, dynamic, suitably qualified, competent and dedicated Tanzanian to fill the following positions: –
POSITION TITLE: Communication Officer
REPORTS TO: MEAL/QI Focal Person
The role also leads on communication in terms of government reporting and communication requirements and supports updating of internal and external communication fora/platforms, as well as report tracking and posting to internal portals.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
- Manage internal engagement and ownership of influencing plans and campaigns, including developing key multiplying impact communication products.
- Manage communication and reporting requirements as per the government regulations and requirements.
- Create and support internal systems and processes for sharing information and championing learning, as well as building accountability to implementing best practices and lessons learnt.
- Manage PIIRS reporting, government, and donor reporting.
- Support in strengthening quality across all external communication products and presentations.
- Manage CARE International in Tanzania social media pages and website.
- Design promotional materials such as flyers, brochures, roll up banners, PowerPoints and other Comms related materials, that will aid in increasing the brand and visibility of CARE International in Tanzania.
- Work closely with project managers to develop field events stories, and project participants success stories related to each project.
- Work closely with different media houses to design and disseminate audio – visual content, community activities, spot messages, and key events by CARE International in Tanzania
- Actively support program development and resource mobilization, and efforts to strengthen the competitive advantage of the CO.
- Perform Other Duties as Assigned by the supervisor.
- University degree in Social Sciences, International Development, Public Policy, Political Science, or related area from a recognized institution.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- Minimum 2 years of directly relevant experience, with proven success across key responsibility areas.
- Established networks and relationship with key stakeholders.
- Experience working at middle level in international NGO.
- Ability to think and operate strategically and creatively, and able to look at issues from various perspectives and provide thorough and quick guidance.
- Ability to work and communicate with a range of stakeholders including policymakers and government officials, NGOs.
- Demonstrated success in applying lobbying and political skills, i.e. persuasive, diplomatic and articulate.
- Experience with media and making public statements and presentations.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, with a fluent writing style and use of both English and Kiswahili, and a strong portfolio of communication materials across a range of mediums.
- Excellent computer skills – MS Word, MS excel, Window’s Explorer, SharePoint, internet, Adobe Acrobat, Publisher, and Outlook
- Proven ability to achieve and maintain a compliant organizational culture by partnering to provide practical standards of compliance that can be implemented and adhered to.
- Demonstrated gender awareness and sensitivity, and an ability to integrate a gender perspective into tasks and activities.
- Operational experience including planning, development and implementation of operational activities.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with people of different national and cultural backgrounds whilst remaining impartial and objective.
- Demonstrated experience with proposal development with range of international donors (i.e USAID, EU, DFID, CIDA).
- Ability to thrive in team environments, with a strong understanding of diversity and other cultures.
- Flexible, self-starter, sense of humour, team player, attention to detail.
- Ability to use Adobe software such as Photoshop, InDesign, Premiere pro and Illustrator.
- Basic proficiency in using Digital Single Lens Reflex (DSLR) cameras and other camera equipment.
MODE OF APPLICATIONS:
Only a letter of application and updated CV including names of at least 3 reputable referees from previous jobs (preferable line Managers) with reliable contacts should be sent by email to Human Resources Department TZAHumanResourcesDepartment@care.org by CoB, 20th February 2024 at 1700hrs. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
CARE is an equal opportunity employer promoting gender, equity and diversity. Female and people with disability candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. Our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children and vulnerable adults from abuse.
To apply for this job email your details to TZAHumanResourcesDepartment@care.org