Website Amref Health Africa Tanzania
Amref Health Africa was founded in 1957 by three surgeons as the Flying Doctors of East Africa.
Amref Health Africa – Tanzania is an independent, non-profit, non-governmental organization (NGO) whose mission is “to improve the health of people by partnering with and empowering communities and strengthening health systems”. Amref Health AfricaTanzania is largely supported by Multilateral, Bilateral, and National donors, implementing several programmes including HIV/AIDS/TB/Malaria, Reproductive, Maternal, Newborn, and Child Health, Water and sanitation, and clinical outreach.
Amref Health Africa Tanzania’s projects respond to national health priorities and sustainable development goals (SDGs) in addressing the needs of needy communities mostly women and children. We work to increase the effectiveness, efficiency, and sustainability of health services by strengthening health systems, improving access to services, advocating stronger community health systems, and influencing health policies. With the above background, Amref Health Africa Tanzania has the following vacancy:
The Communications intern will provide overall support to the Communications and Partnership unit with the guidance from the Communications Officer. This role requires a Committed and enthusiastic communications personnel.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Teaming up in Developing Amref Tanzania partnerships Database- an online database available and accessible with contacts.
- Updating and keeping records of database.
- Support photography and videography during daily field visit of projects.
- Support translations of project stories.
- Updating lakezone office with current notes board pictures.
- Keeping track of project brand materials such as banners for event use.
- Daily Track local and international current news affairs and share important updates with the Communications Unit as needed.
- Touring all Amref Tanzania TCO social media pages and reporting the trend.
(Twitter, Facebook, Instagram- Amref Tanzania)
- Take note and remind all international Health Days for TCO participation (social media campaign)
Qualities/Skills & Experience
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree/Diploma level in; Mass Communications, Studio Production, Public Relations, Advertising, Marketing, and other related fields.
- At least 1 year of relevant experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong theoretical and practical background in Communication activities as well as graphics design, newsroom skills, videography and photography editing skills.
- Exposure to new evolving technologies and digital platforms.
- Explorative, creative, flexible, and reliable.
- Attention to details.
HOW TO APPLY:-
If you meet the criteria given above and are interested in the vacancies, please visit Amref’s website https://amref.org/vacancies/ Amref will conduct interviews at Dar es Salaam Offices to select qualified candidates. To be considered, your application must be received by 16.30 Hours on January 31, 2024.
- Amref Health Africa is an equal opportunity employer and has a non-smoking environment policy
- “Amref Health Africa is committed to the principles of safeguarding in the workplace and will not tolerate any form of abuse, wherever it occurs or whoever is responsible”
- Any Applicant attempting or communicating to the Amref Health Africa Management or Staff through phone calls, SMS, text emails and other means will automatically be disqualified from this opportunity. All communications should be channelled to the provided official correspondence email above
- Amref Health Africa –Tanzania regrets that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
How to Apply :
Recommended: Read our Job Tips Here to enhance your Application
To apply for this job please visit amref.org.