Website World Vision - Tanzania
World Vision International is an evangelical Christian humanitarian aid, development, and advocacy organization
Complaint Help Desk Assistant (Inter Agency Help Desk) Vacancy at World Vision – Tanzania
With over 70 years of experience, our focus is on helping the most vulnerable children overcome poverty and experience fullness of life. We help children of all backgrounds, even in the most dangerous places, inspired by our Christian faith.
Come join our 33,000+ staff working in nearly 100 countries and share the joy of transforming vulnerable children’s life stories!
Accountability (Information Provision, Community engagement/Consultation, Community Participation, Complaints, Feedback & Response Mechanism)-Beneficiaries oriented (50%)
- Receives, records/documents and respond to all complaints mainly channelled via help desks and other channels (Feedback meeting, referral system, consultations etc) that related to World Vision programs, commitments or conduct, this can include Food, GBV, security, Peace building & Child protection related issues.
- Engage into daily pre-address speech/Pre-distribution meeting where key updates/information are being passed/communicated to beneficiaries.
- Liaising: making a link between beneficiary and Distribution/Nutrition team at GFD and SFP respectively.
- Ensuring that, all complaints and feedback that are not food aid or cash aid shall be referred to the relevant sectors/organisation.
- Provide a receipt to beneficiaries (refugees) for all complaints and feedback received.
- Information dissemination: Participate in Providing information to beneficiaries on project activities (i.e. Nutrition/distribution programme), about World Vision and how to make a complaint.
- Confirm beneficiary selection criteria (verification) and another program information provided by World Vision.
- Pass non-sensitive feedback and complaints about World Vision’s activities to the WV staff on site (distribution staff on daily).
- Collect complaints on sensitive issues related to World Vision’s program into a secure complaints box. World Vision will then investigate and follow up on complaints and feedback.
- Provide information on other programs being executed by other organizations and services that exist in the area/Camp.
- Supervising all CRM Committee members ie. Help Desk Committee members
- Ensuring help desk operates not only during distribution but also during pre and posts distribution.
- Ensuring that notes/information boards is at place and information are updated and posted timely.
- Timely receipt, records and response to Beneficiaries feedback.
- Flourished relationship between Staff and beneficiaries
- Timely referral of non-food complaints/feedback to respective sector lead/agencies.
- Informed communities on our programming (As per different studies/surveys held by project and WFP).
- Outstanding adherence of Code of conduct by distribution staff.
- Improved Litigation operation as result of regular training to CHD nad CRM committee members.
Accountability (Work related) (30%)
- Ensuring timely response of Complaints
- Writing referrals: Channelling food un-related complaints to other agencies timely (within 24 working hours)
- With collaboration with AME personnel periodically identify how community would like/prefer to complain.
- Ensuring and maintaining confidentiality of all complaints received as well feedback issued to beneficiaries.
- Ensuring availability of help desk banners during operation/distribution.
- Treating beneficiaries and agency staff with fairness and equity, transparency and respectful manner at all times when working at the Help Desk.
- Engaging the community in an appropriate and respectful manner, never raising false expectations.
- Observing Humanitarian code of conduct (i.e Do no Harm) and operating procedures.
- 100 proportion of complaints responded before distribution came to an end.
- 100% of referrals processed on time.
- Functional complaints/feedback channels as preferred by community.
- 100% confidentiality maintained.
- Displayed Visibility (banners) all the time during the operations.
- 100% adherence of the Help Desk Standard Operating Procedures.
- Humanitarian code of Conduct Observed at 100%.
Reporting and Documentation. (15%)
- Preparing and submits CRM weekly or monthly Progress reports.
- Prepare and reconcile cycle manual redemption report with Distribution Center Supervisors prior to submission to WFP.
- Recording data into paper-based format and filling data into ODK platform daily during distribution.
- Document every pre-distribution speech/meeting minute on circle basis and ensure signed by both community and project representatives. Also, document every information shared to communities.
- Timely Submitted Reports
- Reconciled Manual redemption report submitted to WFP
- Presence of synchronised CRM data into ODK platform software two days after cycle accomplishment.
- Documented minutes as evidence of what was communicated signed by key participants i.e. project v/s Community side).
Other Duties (5%)
100% project representation into an Inter-agency Help Desks and camp level coordination meetings.
KNOWLEDGE/QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE ROLE
Required Professional Experience
- Knowledge of Database Management Tools (ODK software). MS Access, Ms Excel and SPSS.
- At least 2 years’ experience in working with International NGOs with relevant community focus
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with beneficiary communities, Government and other stakeholders at the camp level
- Experience in training and community consultation highly desired.
- Experience in facilitating focus group discussions with local communities and reporting.
- Commitment to and understanding of international humanitarian standards, especially the Red Cross and Red Crescent Code of Conduct, Sphere, and the Humanitarian Accountability Partnership (HAP) Standard;
- Ability to work in a cross-cultural context with people of various backgrounds;
- Willingness to participate in chapel and group devotions; and Commitment to WV Core Values and Mission Statement
Required Education, training, license, registration, and certification
University Degree in Human resource, sociology, political science, business administration or international development from a recognized University
Preferred Knowledge and Qualifications
- Understanding of Android mobile platform desirable.
- Previous exposure to mobile hardware technologies desirable.
- Comfortable with learning the new software systems and running rudimentary system upgrades including compiling new software release
- Experience in Humanitarian operation or disaster response.
Travel and/or Work Environment Requirement
Field (Refugee camps) and Office based
Should be physically fit
Fluent in both English and Swahili
KEY WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
Contacts Within and outside World Vision
- WFP Field staff
- UNHCR Field Staff
- Plan International
- Refugee community leaders
- Help Age International
The role needs regular discussion making guided by set principles (Humanitarian principles).
☐ Be Safe and Resilient
☒ Deliver Results
☒ Build Relationships
☒ Be Accountable
☒ Learn and Develop
☐ Improve and Innovate
☒ Partner and Collaborate
☐ Embrace Change
Applicant Types Accepted:
Local Applicants Only