National Institute for Medical Research
The National Institute for Medical Research (NIMR) is a Parastatal Organization established by an Act of Parliament No. 23 of 1979 (CAP.59, R.E.2002) and became operational in 1980. NIMR-Mwanza Research Centre (MMRC) is one of the NIMR Centers located in Mwanza The Centre is currently conducting research on HIV/AIDS, Tuberculosis, non-communicable diseases (NCDs) as well as other diseases of public health importance. The National Institute for Medical Research is looking for the qualified, experienced and well-motivated personnel to fill various vacant positions to work with LINEA and PARENT APP Projects. Duty station will be at NIMR Mwanza Centre.
- LINEA PROJECT: This is the cluster randomized controlled trial assessing the impact of a complex social norm intervention involving a tailor-made radio-drama program and curricula based information targeting adolescent girls aged 13 to 15 years and older men to prevent Age-Disparate Transactional Sex. This project is collaboration between NIMR, London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine and Amani Girls Home. NIMR will lead the study evaluation activities which involve both quantitative and qualitative data collection methods. The quantitative components will include questionnaire-based surveys among cohort participants and community members; while the qualitative part will involve in-depth interviews and focus group discussions with targeted cohort participants.
- PARENT APP PROJECT: NIMR is collaborating with the University of Oxford, UK and University of Cape Town, South Africa to conduct a two-arm cluster randomised controlled trial to test the effectiveness and cost-effectiveness of ParentApp (an evidence-based parenting app for parents and caregivers of adolescents aged 1018 years) on improving parenting, reducing violence and assessing processes and outcomes which address parenting skills that promote holistic adolescent development, specifically related to executive function and social integration using a learning through play approach. The study is being conducted in two regions – Mwanza and Shinyanga in Tanzania.
Job Position: Computer Operator (1 Post)
REPORTING: The post holder will be reporting to the Centre Director
JOB DESCRIPTION: The post holder will be responsible with typing, photocopying, printing and scanning various documents at the Centre.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- To assist in the administration of computer operations;
- To overseeing proper computer run log reporting required for computer operations;
- To deal with scanning, printout and printout of various office documents;
- To supervise data turnaround time; and
- To perform any other relevant duties assigned by supervisor
QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCES:
Holder of certificate in one of the following fields; Computer Science, Information Technology, Telecommunications, Information Systems or equivalent qualification from a recognized Institution.
Computer Operator Job Vacancy at NIMR
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT FOR ALL POSTS:
One (1) year contract which may be renewed on the basis of performance and mutual agreement.
- The successful candidate will be based at NIMR-Mwanza centre.
- A competitive salary will be offered as per the Government of Tanzania salary scales.
MODE OF APPLICATION:
- The application letter should be written in English.
- Applicants should indicate three reputable referees with a reliable contact.
- Applicants must attach relevant certified copies of academic certificates, including forms four and six.
- Application letters should be attached with a detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV).
All applications should be addressed to:
National Institute for Medical Research (NIMR) Mwanza Centre,
Mwanza. Or through email: firstname.lastname@example.org