Website Médecins Sans Frontières
MSF is an international, independent organisation.
JOB VACANCY – COOK
Duration: 12 months (Fixed Term Contract) – Full time position (100%)
Direct Reports: HR Assistant
Location: Nduta Camp and Kibondo (Kigoma Region)
FOR NATIONAL STAFF ONLY
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural disasters and exclusion from healthcare. MSF offers assistance to people based on need, irrespective of race, religion, gender or political affiliation. MSF is therefore guided by the principles of neutrality and impartiality. These principles must apply to all MSF staff.
Minimum Educational Qualification:
· Literacy essential, course on cooking desirable.
Previous experience desirable.
· Essential mission language: English and Swahili (Kirundi and/or French will be a plus.)
Objectives of the position:
Prepare meals for patients and MSF staff, according to hygiene standards and security rules, in order to ensure their nutritional needs
• Carry out the preparation of meals for staff
• Follow at all times all hygiene standards and security rules.
• Control stock of food so as to ask for anything needed on time, and prepare shopping list and make purchases if required.
• Ensure meals to be served on time.
• If applicable set table before every meal and clean it up after each meal.
• Ensure cleanliness of all facilities, utensils and equipment.
• If domestic cook, ensure the provision of drinkable water during the day and when she / he leaves: cleaning, filling the filter and empty bottles, changing batteries if necessary.
• Look after all equipment provided.
• Keep an inventory of MSF kitchen utensils and equipment, i.e. plates, glasses, cutlery, cookware, etc., and ensure its integrity.
• Report all important information (lost, robbery, damages, deterioration, incident, etc.).to superior
Cook Job Vacancy at Médecins Sans Frontières
• Stress Management
All interested candidates shall submit their motivation letter, CV and copy of relevant professional certificates not later than Thursday, March 23rd, 2023 at 4:00 PM. Please quote the job title on the email subject “COOK”.
Please send your application to the email address MSFCH-Tanzania-Recruitment@geneva.msf.org. The applications can also be submitted at MSF offices situated at Warioba RD, Mikocheni B, Plot 100, Daima Street House no 16 or To MSF Project Admin in Nduta Refugees Camp, Kibondo District.
Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
The protection of your personal data is important to MSF. By submitting your application, you consent to MSF using your data only for the recruitment process to have all the information and documents necessary to proceed with the recruitment, validation of your application and selection of the most suitable candidate. Your data will be treated confidentially. Only people part of the recruitment process have access to your data. MSF does not sell your data under any circumstances.
If you have any questions or requests, you can contact MSFCH-Tanzania-HrManager@geneva.msf.org Only short-listed candidates will be contacted
To apply for this job email your details to MSFCH-Tanzania-Recruitment@geneva.msf.org