Website Williamson Diamond Limited (WDL)
Williamson Diamond Limited (WDL) is Tanzania’s only large-scale diamond producer.
Applicants are invited to apply for the existing position mentioned above.
Position Title: Cook.
Location: Williamson Diamonds Limited, Mwadui, Shinyanga Grade:
Report to: Guest House
Summary: Williamson Diamond Limited (WDL) is Tanzania’s only large-scale diamond producer. The mine is an open pit operation based upon the 146-hectare Mwadui kimberlite pipe, which is one of the world’s largest economic kimberlites.. For over 80 years, Williamson Diamond Limited has lived side by side and co-existed peacefully with the communities around Mwadui, while implementing a wide range of development programs for the last ten years, focusing on promoting the lives and livelihoods of the communities surrounding Mwadui Mine Site.
Role Description: Responsible for the preparation of high- quality food in a timely, efficient, sanitary and consistent manner.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Prepare specialized health food menu
- Serves meals by reviewing recipes, assembling, combining and cooking ingredients and maintaining a sanitary kitchen.
- Prepares ingredients by following recipes; slicing, cutting, chopping, mincing, stirring, whipping and mixing ingredients: adding seasonings; verifying taste and plating meals.
- Adheres to proper food handling, sanitation and safety procedures.
- Maintains cleanliness and sanitation of equipment, food storage and work areas.
- Ensuring that food portions and food presentation meet company standard.
- Ensuring food orders are completed in a timely manner.
- Ensuring that food health and safety regulations are followed.
Cook Job Vacancy at Williamson Diamond Limited (WDL)
Minimum Requirements for all applicants:
- Certificate in food and beverage/hotel Management.,
- A minimum of 2 year’s working experience in related field.
- Basic computer skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication in English and Swahili Other required Skills and Competencies:
- Excellent organizational, customer service and time management skills.
- Creativity, innovative and willingness to learn.
- Good communication skills.
- Teamwork, problem-solving skills and ability to manage temper.
- Maintains strong and effective working relationships with co-workers.
Mode of Application:
Candidates meeting the requisite qualifications should submit their applications describing how they qualify for the positions. They should also send detailed CV, copies of certificates, three referees, daytime telephone numbers and e-mail addresses before 18th April 2023 at 16hrs00. Via the following address:
Human Resources Manager,
Williamson Diamonds Ltd,
P 0. Box 23,
Or drop the same through the following email, firstname.lastname@example.org
NB: Please complete an external job application form available Form for Job Application
Williamson Diamonds Limited supports the Mineral policy (2009) of Tanzania and is committed to ensure adequate development of local technical capacity to service the mining industry; and to employ local experts available and develop succession plans for Tanzanians to take over expatriate positions. Pre-screening, profile testing, on mine assessments, medical and security clearances form part of the minimum requirement and selection process. Short listed candidates will be required to attend a panel interview. Employment of the successful candidate is subject to passing on mine induction and the aforementioned criteria.
If you do not hear from us after 30thMay, 2023 please consider yourself unsuccessful. Williamson Diamonds Limited is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please note that Petra Diamonds does not at any time require any form of payment for recruitment purposes. If you are approached in this regard, you should report the incident immediately via one of the following hotlines:
Phone Call: +255 28 276 3872 +255753 095150 +255 767744 617; Email: email@example.com.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org