Website Chalinze District Council
Chalinze District Council is one of nine administrative districts of Pwani Region in Tanzania
Chalinze District Council in Collaboration with Tanzania Health Promotion Support (THPS) wil implement PEPFAR / CDC supported AFYA HATUA (Sustain Treatment, Enrolment and HIV Prevention- STEP) project in aiming to deliver client centered, comprehensive facility and community-based HIV prevention, care, and treatment services for populations of this district hence contribute to the country’s epidemic control.
Chalinze District Council is currently seeking highly experienced, committed and motivated Tanzanians to fill in vacant Data Officer positions for AFYA HATUA project as shown below.
Data Officer. (02 Positions)
Medical Officer in Charge and DACC.
Overall Job Function: To implement high-standard computer and paper-based HIV
data and record management in accordance to Facility, District, Regional, Government
and PEPFAR guidance.
The incumbents will be a Member of the facility’s staff and will implement the following on daily basis:-
- Primarily responsible for transcription of patient visit information to paper-based pre- ART and ART registers.
- Review relevant clinic records and perform paper-based data quality checks on CTC 2 cards and registers
- Ensure proper filling client files at computerized sites, conduct data entry for the CTC 2 database from CTC2 cards, PITC registers and HEI cards.
- Update all patient’s laboratory results on CTC2 database (CD4, Viral Load etc.)
- Perform data quality assurance checks for the electronic data
- Update al clients’ visits in the CTC2 database on daily basis and update in the CTC3 macro as frequent as required by the program, i.e. on weekly basis.
- Perform daily back up of CTC2 database into external hard drive
- Conduct data triangulation between CTC2 database, ANC and TB units (TB-HIV and
ANC positive clients)
- Produce/Compile Prepare Quarterly reports for care and treatment, Mother to child
cohort report and HTS reports(Monthly).
- Graduates missed appointment/LTF report so monthly basis ad d update final status
.Collaborate with site personnel, personnel at other health facilities and community-
of clients based organization in tracing patients who miss visits or are lost to folow-up.
- Assist t facility, RCHMTi aldat–related requests and reporting.
- Ensure weekly data are entered into patchy excel to facilitate weekly performance
- Enter performance of each sub granted staff in the database on monthly basis.
- Participate in all Ql meetings in the facility.
- Facilitate accurate and timely data collection and submission at your facility on
weekly, monthly and quarterly basis with minimal or no support from THPS staff.
- Communicate closely with District, Regional and Headquarters THPS staffs to
ensure smooth uninterrupted availability of HIV interventions in your facility.
Requirements: Education, Work experience and Skills:
- Diploma in Computer Science, Health Informatics, Statistics or Information and
Communication Technology (ICT) or Other degree from reputable University with
reliable experience in HIV program, preferably in a similar position will be
- A minimum of three (3) Months and above working experience in HIV program,
preferably in a similar position will be highly considered.
- Volunteers working in Health Facilities are highly encouraged to apply.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills, multi-tasking and organizational skills.
- Ability to communicate fluently in both English and Kiswahili.
- Ability to work both individually and as part of a team with minimal supervision.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality in all aspects.
1. Application cover letter one (page maximum) and
2. Curriculum Vitae (four pages maximum)
3. Copies of your relevant certificates, if manageable (Put them in one PDF document).
The deadline for submission of applications should be 30th January 2024.
Chalinze DC is an equal opportunity employer; Men & Women, People living with
HIV/AIDS and People living with disability are encouraged to apply.