Website Johari Rotana
Striking contemporary property with elegant design and outstanding facilities in a prime location in the Central Business District of Dar es Salaam
Demi Chef De Partie – Pastry Kitchen Job Vacancy at Johari Rotana
We are currently looking for dynamic, and self-motivated Pastry professionals who want to move their careers forward.
As a Demi Chef De Partie, you are responsible for assisting the Chef De Cuisine/Chef De Partie in the day to day operation, taking care of daily food preparation and duties assigned to you through the superiors to meet the standard and the quality set by the Outlet Chef.
- Maintain the highest possible hygiene and maintenance standards. Ensure the highest degree in applied hygiene and food safety as per the ADFCA, HACCP guidelines to ensure that the food served to the Guest is of highest quality and standard
- Instruct and lead subordinates through their daily requirements in food preparation in order to ensure that all dishes leaving the kitchen are of appropriate portion and presented as per the standards set by the Outlet Chef
- Work in close cooperation with all other key departments in the Hotel to ensure a smooth operation
- Control the food cost by practicing economy of inventory items to ensure sufficient supplies and minimise cost by avoiding wastage and spoilages
- Attend required meetings and daily briefings with your team members ensuring efficient communication, to run your kitchen section smoothly
- Guide and train the subordinates on a daily basis to ensure highly motivated and economical working environment
- Operate in a safe and environmentally friendly way to protect guests’ and employees’ health and safety, as well as protect and conserve the environment
- Comply with the hotel environmental, health and safety policies and procedures
You should ideally have a degree in hospitality with previous experiences in the Front Office Department within a hotel. Excellent written and verbal English communication skills and knowledge in an additional language, along with strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities are essentials. Computer literate and previous experiences with Opera are an advantage.
Knowledge & Competencies
The ideal candidate will be customer driven and an extremely proactive and ‘switched on’ personality with an outgoing, charismatic and approachable character. You will work well under pressure in a fast paced environment and be a great team player, who thrives in working with a multi-cultural team and guests alike, while possessing following additional competencies-
Understanding the Job
To apply for this job please visit www.rotanacareers.com.