Website Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts
Four Seasons Hotel The Westcliff, Johannesburg, offers five-star luxury accommodations atop an elevated hillside in the city's prestigious northern suburbs.
Director of Housekeeping Job Vacancy at Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts
Job Title: Director of Housekeeping
Location: Four Seasons Safari Lodge, Serengeti, Tanzania
Four Seasons Safari Lodge Serengeti is a leading luxury safari resort, nestled in the heart of the breathtaking and world-renowned, Serengeti National Park. Surrounded by pristine wilderness and offering unparalleled services, or resort is a destination in itself for those seeking a unique and unforgettable African safari experience.
We are currently seeking a dynamic and experienced Director of Housekeeping to join our team here in the Serengeti.
- Team (select and recruit qualified people,) schedule, hire and train all housekeeping personnel, inclusive of third-party, casual and fixed-term staff.
- Control all departmental costs including labour, guest room supplies and cleaning supplies, while ensuring that services rendered to guests are of the highest standards.
- Maintain accurate records on all Housekeeping & Laundry personnel and up to date payroll records, submitting time and attendance sheets to the payroll department in a timely manner.
- Establish and maintain accurate inventory records on guestroom and cleaning supplies, equipment, linen, terry, and uniforms.
- Ensure all personnel look after their equipment and treat them with proper care.
- Schedule and conduct monthly staff meetings to maintain good communication and high moral standards within the department.
- Establish good cleaning and preventative maintenance programs to ensure appearance and life of all furniture, fixtures, and equipment.
- Establish a cleaning program maintaining top quality standards in training, performance, procedures, and productivity pertaining to all public guest areas.
- Establish a cleaning program maintaining top quality standards of the Laundry and equipment and ensure that the schedule maintenance of equipment is conducted on-time.
- Work with all departments to meet their needs as it relates to Housekeeping and the Laundry.
- Submit yearly capital improvement program budget to management as well as yearly budgets for labour and operating expenses with relation to occupancy forecast.
- Inspect daily all areas of responsibility, maintaining the highest quality of standards. This includes public areas, guest rooms, storage areas, and Laundry/Valet, uniform, guest, linen and storage areas.
- Work with all personnel in Housekeeping in keeping all areas in top quality to ensure the highest guest satisfaction and to meet corporate standards and policies of Four Seasons.
- Work with the Laundry and Valet team to maintain top quality work in all areas of hotel linens and guest and employee cleaning and laundry.
- Maintain accurate ledgers and records on all housekeeping operations.
- Conduct the annual Performance Management cycle in accordance with hotel policies, including team check-ins, annual reviews, 9-box, individual development plans, as well as disciplinary procedures when required, for all Housekeeping personnel
- Coordinate the reasonable needs of any tenants or third parties operating within the property, in relation to Housekeeping services.
- Respond properly in any hotel emergency or safety situation.
Perform other tasks or projects as assigned by hotel management.
- To provide a friendly and professional service that always exceeds guests’ expectations.
- To ensure you read the hotel’s employee handbook and understand and adhere to the hotel’s rules and regulations and in particular, the policies and procedures relating to Fire, Hygiene, Health and Safety.
- To undertake other duties and responsibilities which, while outside the normal routine, are within the overall scope of the position.
- To report for duty punctually wearing professional attire. To maintain a high standard of personal appearance and hygiene and adhere to the hotel and department personal appearance standards.
- To comply with local legislation as required.
- To maintain good working relationships with your colleagues and all other departments through working by The Golden Rule.
- To respond to any changes in the division as dictated by the needs of the industry, company, or hotel.
- To be flexible and extend job duties to carry out any other reasonable duties and responsibilities within the job capability as assigned, including redeployment to alternative departments/areas if required, to meet business demands and guest service needs.
- Conduct and attend training sessions as outlined.
- Perform other tasks or projects as assigned by your direct Manager, Hotel Manager and / or General Manager.
- Holds at least five years’ experience in Housekeeping Management in a luxury hotel or resort environment.
- Holds experience in leading luxury hotel or resort Laundry Operations.
- Holds high level of proficiency in a Property Management System (PMS) such as Opera or Fidelio and has an excellent level of computer literacy.
- Holds experience working in remote locations.
Recommended: Read our Job Tips Here to enhance your Application
To apply for this job please visit fourseasons.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com.