Website PanAfrican Energy Tanzania (PAET)
PanAfrican Energy Tanzania (PAET) is a subsidiary of Orca Energy It is the arm of the organisation responsible for delivering operational success in Tanzania.
Downstream Assistant Maintenance Supervisor Vacancy at PanAfrican Energy Tanzania (PAET)
Job Title: Downstream Assistant Maintenance Supervisor
PanAfrican Energy Tanzania (PAET) is the leading integrated energy company in Tanzania, developing and supplying natural gas for the power, manufacturing, and transportation sectors in the country.
A wholly owned subsidiary of Orca Energy Group Inc, PAET has been in the Tanzanian market since 2001 where it has been operating the Songo Songo natural gas field. PanAfrican Energy has a commitment to the development and efficient use of Tanzania’s natural gas resources. PAET is committed to working with key players to help alleviate Tanzania’s energy shortages and to partner in the development of the country’s energy resources.
PanAfrican Energy is currently recruiting a Downstream Assistant Maintanance Supervisor responsible for planning, executing and implementing maintenance and operation activities in various locations within the downstream gas distribution network including Piped Natural Gas(PNG)and Compressed Natural Gas(CNG)covering both the High Pressure(HP)and Low Pressure(LP)regimes.
Reporting to the Downstream Operations Manager, the successful candidate will:
- Coordinate and supervise all maintenance functions necessary to ensure the efficient and reliable operation of the natural gas distribution network.
- Support the Implementation of maintenance procedures and plans to ensure optimum efficiency in gas outage planning.
- Align the downstream maintenance functions with equipment capabilities, customer demands, personnel requirements.
- He/ She will be responsible on implementing computerized maintenance management program including routine, unplanned, preventive, and predictive maintenance programs.
- He/she will be coordinating mechanical, electrical and instrumentation maintenance activities with the rest of the downstream technicians.
- Maintaining needed spare parts in coordination with the downstream storekeeper and other maintenance and operation personnel.
- Responding to customer emergency calls in a timely manner.
- Carrying out monthly commercial meter reading for all customer delivery points
- Actively supporting compliance with all applicable local and international standards, environmental regulations as well as company policies and procedures.
- Drafting and filing daily operations report of the downstream department
- Reviewing Pressure Reduction Stations (PRS) inspection reports and raise any shortcomings at the customer delivery points to the department line manager
- Carry out any other function as instructed by the supervisor.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Minimum Diploma in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
- Not less than five (5) years of demonstrated working experience.
- Ability to supervise field activities and manage contractors to deliver cost effective operations.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to ensuring work is performed in compliance with service quality, health and safety.
- Independent, well organised, and able to communicate effectively and clearly.
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
- Flexible and able to work under pressure.
- Interpersonal skills such as teamwork and ready to help colleagues.
If you believe you have the required qualifications, send your application to HR Department, or email it to HR@panafricanenergy.com This should reach the above address not later than 19th February 2024.
The Human Resources Manager
PanAfrican Energy Tanzania Limited
Oyster Plaza, 5th Floor, Haile Selassie Street
PO Box 80139
Dar es Salaam
See also: How to Get Employed in Tanzania
To apply for this job email your details to HR@panafricanenergy.com