- Full Time
- Dar es Salaam
Website CRDB Bank Plc
The Bank that Listens
To ensure DRC projects are delivered within specified timelines, budget, scope and acceptance criteria
Initiating & Planning
- Define project scope, objectives, approach, controls, acceptance criteria and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with Executive Liaison through organization of project definition workshops and subsequent production of the project initiation document.
- Develop project plans with a comprehensive list of all envisaged activities, milestones, deliverables and their corresponding ownership.
- Facilitate definition and approval of business requirements
- Facilitate development and approval of business cases
- Estimate resources, budget and participants required to achieve project goals and motivate for their allocation
- Divide the project into logical work streams and assign ownership to relevant departments
- Negotiate with senior and executive management for allocation of relevant resources from their respective departments
- Establish relevant project governance and communication structures for all designated projects
- Serve diligently as chairperson of the project working committee and secretary of the project steering committee for all designated projects
- Direct and motivate the project team
- Effectively communicate project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion
- Liaise with project stakeholders on ongoing basis.
- Set and continually manage project expectations with team members and other stakeholders.
- Coach, mentor, motivate and supervise respective project team members and vendors, and influence them to take positive action and accountability for their assigned work.
Controlling and Execution
- Manage project risks, issues, dependencies and assumptions by ensuring proper recording, assignment of ownership and timely escalation to appropriate level of management where necessary.
- Communicate progress to relevant stakeholders in clear and timely manner.
- Monitor progress against project plan and institute corrective measures in the event of any deviations.
- Manage changes to project scope, budget, timelines, and acceptance criteria in line with the agreed process.
- Facilitate development of the testing strategy and plan
- Facilitate development of test cases and scenarios
- Assemble and facilitate training of the testing team
- Liaise with other stakeholders to get test managers and supervise their work throughout the acceptance testing stage
- Organize for availability of relevant testing resources e.g. testing environment, facilities etc.
- Responsible for planning and management of all logistics associated with the acceptance testing phase
- Oversee the execution of system integration and user acceptance testing
- Obtain sign offs for testing results
- Facilitate a project closure workshop and ensure lessons learned are identified and used to improve future practices
- Develop and agree with relevant stakeholders on an appropriate project benefits management framework and subsequently oversee a smooth handover of the framework to the designated benefits manager
- Ensure an effective maintenance and support model is established and handed over to those responsible for its operation
- Produce the project closure report and secure its approval from relevant executives
Experience, Knowledge and Skills Requirements.
- Holder of a University Degree in Business Administration, Information and Communication Technologies (ICT), Accounting, Finance, Management Information Systems (MIS) or related field.
- Certification in one of the recognized project management methodologies e.g. PRINCE, PRINCE2, PMBOK, PMP etc.
- Strong background and certification in agile project management
- Sound Project Management background and practical application in a busy large corporate setting with at least 4 years’ experience.
- Advanced knowledge of basic core banking system features or 4 years’ experience in management of ICT banking projects
- Advanced understanding of banking operations and information systems
- Persuasive, encouraging, and motivating.
- General understanding of banking operations and information systems
- Intermediate understanding of basic core banking system features and ICT banking sytems.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Customer service skills an asset.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment is crucial.
Deadline 16th February 2024.
To apply for this job please visit career2.successfactors.eu.