Website Rafiki Social Development Organization
Rafiki Social Development Organization is a development and advocacy Non-Governmental and Non-profit making Organization.
Dreams PO Job Vacancy at Rafiki Social Development Organization
NEW JOB ADVERTISEMENT
Rafiki Social Development Organization is a development and advocacy Non-Governmental and Non-profit making Organization working with Children, Youth, Marginalized and Vulnerable groups, families and their communities to reach their full potential by advocating for their rights and tackling the causes of poverty and injustice. The Organization was established in January 2005 and registered under the NGO Act of 2002, issued with a registration number No.00NGO/00006336 to operate in Tanzania Mainland.
Currently Rafiki-SDO is implementing projects in 5 regions and 14 Councils in Tanzania mainland including Shinyanga, Geita, Kigoma, Rukwa, and Mara regions and funded by different donors.
Since 2009, Rafiki-SDO has been working to improve access of youth friendly services and reproductive health services targeting youth and adolescents in school settings, community members and key and vulnerable population whilst promoting child protection, child participation in matters that affect their life, livelihood strengthening, and social behavioural change communication awareness to communities. RafikiSDO facilitates positive parenting skills education, prevention of HIV/AIDS through promoting of HIV testing referrals and linkage to services including health and social welfare.
Rafiki-SDO Headquarter Shinyanga wishes to recruit qualified, experienced, motivated and dynamic individuals to facilitate smooth implementation of EpiC project which is funded by USAID through FHI360 in Shinyanga Municipal Council and Shinyanga District Council with the aim of address critical gaps and bottlenecks in the response to HIV among key and vulnerable populations (KVP) and adolescent girls and young women (AGYW). Positions are as follows:-
Job Title: DREAMS PO – (1 Post)
Office location: Shinyanga region
Job location: Shinyanga Municipal Council
Reporting to: Program Manager
Duration: 1year /renewable (full time)
Salary: Attractive package
- Oversee the design and roll-out of a DREAMS package of services for AGYW (may include Stepping Stones Curriculum, health service demand creation activities including HIV testing and counseling and linkage to care, creation of safe spaces, GBV screening, scale-up of adolescent-friendly health services, support for economic strengthening activities and roll-out of parenting curricula, etc.).
- Implement use of a vulnerability index to understand risks of AGYW; utilize mapping tools to understand HIV acquisition among AGYW.
- Lead efforts to strengthen quality of demand generation and service provision for AGYW.
- Ensure that project strategies and activities addressing youth are evidence-based and in line with state-of-the-art, globally recognized best practices; as well as aligned with GoT, PEPFAR and EpiC standards, protocols and guidelines.
- Ensure that the project engages youth in all stages of the project to promote youth leadership and ensure that youth perspectives are taken into consideration.
- Promote integration across a range of services for youth to take a holistic, family-centered approach to improving their wellbeing.
- Ensure all youth-focused strategies are gender-sensitive and promote equitable programming.
- Liaise with GoT counterparts, service providers and stakeholders to ensure activities are well-coordinated with other national and regional programs.
- Work closely with the project M&E team to ensure regular updates of the DREAMS tracker and accurate and timely reporting.
- Ensure timely reporting and documentation of results from the DREAMS implementation in collaboration with M&E team with focus on accurate data for timely entry in the DAMES system.
- Foster collaboration with partners and district DREAMS coordination teams and local government authority.
- Strengthen referral and linkages between health facility and community service delivery points for AGYW and partners
- Engage in community Quality Improvement teams to support implementation of AGYW risk reduction plans in identified communities
- Participate in partner coordination in the district through monthly meetings and joint field activities
- Timely submit activity progress reports on monthly and quarterly basis to Program manager
- Document project success stories and case studies for sharing with a wider audience. Perform any other duties assigned by the supervisor
Dreams PO Job Vacancy at Rafiki Social Development Organization
Required skills and experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Science, Youth Development, Health system with 3 years’ experience in provision of PEPFAR DREAMS services to AGYW at community level.
- Experience working with AGYW aged 15-24 years; familiarity with evidenced-based strategies for reducing their vulnerability and providing targeted services; familiarity with the PEPFAR DREAMS package of services.
- Knowledge of health and development programs in Tanzania including familiarity with the national youth guidelines, standards and protocols. Familiarity with Tanzania public health sector at multiple levels; experience working with GoT stakeholders.
- Experience in programs serving KVP and AGYW. Demonstrated cultural sensitivity and sound understanding of the needs of vulnerable youth.
- Ability to manage tight deadlines and deliver high volumes of work with minimal supervision.
- Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills in English and Kiswahili.
- Computer literacy is highly required ie word, excel, internet, power point.
HOW TO APPLY:
If you believe you are the ideal person we are looking for, please submit your application letter to Executive Director, Rafiki-SDO, P.O.BOX 2078, SHINYANGA. Describing why you are the right candidate for this position, curriculum vitae detailing your experience, copy of educational certificates and three (3) professional referees from previous and current place of employment. Please send the application to email@example.com , via Postal or by hand at Rafiki-SDO Shinyanga, Ndembezi ward near Ngokolo RC church.
NOTE: For those who applying through email, should indicate the position title in email subject line. Rafiki-SDO will review the applications sent to the official e-mail address, Postal and application which will be submitted to Rafiki-SDO office. The closing date for the applications will be Wednesday, 14 September,2022, 17:00 PM.
Rafiki-SDO will not refund any costs incurred by any applicant in preparation for this application. This includes, but is not limited to, costs for submitting an application and other communications related to the application. Rafiki-SDO will inform only those successful candidates. Consider your application unsuccessful if you do not hear back from Rafiki-SDO two weeks from the date of release of this Job advert. Thank you for your interest in Rafiki-SDO work in Tanzania and for supporting national initiatives to saving lives and improve health for people affected by poverty or disaster so they can reach their full potential.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Recommended: Read our Job Tips Here to enhance your Application
To learn more about Rafiki-SDO visit: www.rafikisdo.or.tz
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org