Website Right To Play International
Right To Play is empowering 1.9 million children every day.
JOB POSTING – Driver and Logistics Assistant – Mara
Organization: Right To Play Tanzania
Work location: Mugumu – Serengeti
Authorized to work in: Tanzania (Eligible to work legally without requiring sponsorship or work permit)
Target Start Date: March 2024
Contract Duration: 12 months contract
Closing Date: 26 January 2024
Right To Play is a global organisation that protects, educates, and empowers children to rise above adversity using play. By harnessing play, one of the most powerful and fundamental forces in a child’s life, we helped 2.3 million children last year to stay in school and out of work, to prevent life-threatening diseases like HIV and malaria and to stay safe from exploitation and abuse. We are the only global development organization focused exclusively on using play to transform the lives of children and youth impacted by poverty, war, disease, and inequality.
Established in 2000, Right To Play reaches children through experiential programming in 15 countries in Africa, Asia, the Middle East, and North America. These programs are supported by our headquarters in Toronto, Canada; London, UK and eight national offices across Europe (Germany, The Netherlands, Norway, Sweden, Switzerland, UK) and North America (Canada, US).
With a shared passion for our mission, our Culture Code guides how we act and interact based on five core pillars:
- Accept Everyone – Be intentional about inclusion
- Make Things Happen – Seek opportunities to lead and innovate
- Display Courage – Act with integrity
- Demonstrate Care – Look after yourself and one another
- Be Playful – Have fun at work
The Driver and Logistic Assistant reports directly to the Project Officer, and technically to Logistics Officer. The main responsibility of the Driver & Logistics Assistant is to provide safe transport services of passengers as required, ensuring that all passengers always adhere to safety regulations as well as ensuring that Logistics needs in the project location are attended to.
Job Responsibility #1: Driving and vehicle maintenance: (75% of Time):
- Provides driving services to staff and other passengers between locations as scheduled by supervisor.
- Interacts with staff/visitors/customers in a professional manner; ensures all policies and procedures are strictly adhered to, ensuring customer satisfaction. Reports customer challenges to supervisor, if necessary.
- Conducts daily checks of the assigned vehicle for proper levels of fuel, motor oil, tire pressure, brakes and water level.
- Performs minor maintenance when necessary.
- Presents vehicle in a clean and tidy manner by ensuring that the vehicle is properly maintained and clean at all times by washing both the inside and outside parts of the vehicle.
- Maintains mileage logbook and schedules regular maintenance service with approval from supervisor.
- Maintains all vehicle documents including vehicle registration, insurance, road tax, parking fees, road licenses and others; keeps updated at all times.
- Stocks essential vehicle supplies such as first aid kit and necessary spare parts ready at all times.
- Undertakes errands to and/or from vendors, suppliers and banks as requested by supervisor.
- Reports Traffic incidents and necessary repairs to supervisor and authorities according to existing operating procedure.
Job Responsibility #2: Logistics Support (20% of Time):
- Receives inventory and provides timely, accurate stock and inventory reports including equipment tracking reports for management information and donor reporting purposes.
- Ensures that RTP assets are received, coded and registered in the assets register and ensures disposal of RTP assets are carried out according to existing policies and specific donor rules.
- Maintains office buildings and provision of utilities, highlights facilities and maintenance needs and coordinates with services providers.
- Ensures servicing of generators and monitor fuel consumption.
- Plans and coordinates the procurement of equipment and motor vehicle spare parts.
- Ensures that daily and weekly vehicle and stand-by generator inspections are performed, and that regular servicing is carried out.
- Facilitates the repair or recovery of vehicle and generator breakdowns when required, including repair/recovery outside of working hours; follows up on periodic services of the vehicles.
- Ensures the annual inspection of vehicles as per the procedure of the country.
- Conducts research, makes site visits and finds resources to help staff make decisions about event possibilities.
Job Responsibility #3: Performs other duties as assigned (5% of Time):
- Secondary school (Form Four certificate) or vocational school certificate
- A valid driver’s license.
- First Aid training
- Driver’s school training /Driver safety training required for the respective country
- 3 years’ experience as a driver (carrying passengers) with a recognized NGO
COMPETENCIES / PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES:
- Ability to follow a pre-set schedule and create a plan to reach the required destination on time
- Good interpersonal and organizational skills
- Ability to work well with people from varied backgrounds and cultures at all levels in organization
- Ability to work as part of a team and is flexible and adaptable
- Understands and performs safe driving techniques
- Able to drive for long periods of time
- Understands highway code and road rules of the country
- Good oral communication skills
- Physically able to lift and carry object up from 30 to 50 pounds
- Physically able to reach, stretch, bend, and sit for long periods of time during daily routine
- Fluency in Swahili language. Ability to read, write and speak English is an added advantage.
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS (An Asset)
- High School certificate (Form Six)
- Certificate in Material Management or Procurement and Supplies Course
- Previous experience working in an international organization
- Advanced auto repair skills
WHO YOU ARE:
You are highly driven, results-oriented, team player, problem solver and proactive with a passion for working with children and youth. You are an excellent driver with clean driving Licence.
WHAT YOU’LL GET:
The opportunity to work with a passionate, innovative and collaborative team where you have the ability to make things happen. You will gain experience working for a globally recognized organization with a healthy culture premised on our Culture Code (accept everyone, make things happen, display courage, demonstrate care and be playful). In addition, we offer a competitive salary and benefits package including personal learning and development days.
HOW TO APPLY:
If you are interested in applying for this position, please email us on TanzaniaHR@righttoplay.com to apply with your resume and cover letter in English.
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected for interviews will be contacted. Shortlisting of applications will begin immediately.
Right To Play provides equal employment opportunities to employees regardless of their gender, race, religion, age, disability, sex, or marital status. As such, we encourage women and groups who have been historically disadvantaged with respect to employment to apply for positions at Right To Play. We offer a family-friendly environment that allows for flexible work arrangements in order to support staff diversity and ensure a healthy work-life balance.
We are a child-centered organization. Our recruitment and selection procedures reflect our commitment to the safety and protection of children in our programs. The successful candidate will be required to provide a satisfactory Vulnerable Sector Screening or equivalent criminal check as a condition of employment.
The Deadline for Submitting the Applications is 26th January 2024.
Recommended: Read our Job Tips Here to enhance your Application