The International Organization for Migration
Driver Job Vacancy at IOM
Driver at International Organization for Migration February, 2024
GENERIC POST DESCRIPTION
|Driver (1 Position)
|Kasulu/Makere, Tanzania United Republic Of
|One Year with possibility of extension
|To be created
|Procurement & Logistics
|Is this a Regional, HQ, MAC,PAC, Liaison Office, or a
Country Office based position?
|Position rated on
|Reports directly to
|Procurement & Logistics Officer
|Number of Direct Reports
Organizational Context and Scope
Under the overall supervision of the Head of Sub Office (HoSO) in Kasulu/Makere, Tanzania United Republic Of and direct supervision of the Procurement and Logistics Officer; and, in collaboration with the relevant Units, the successful candidate will be responsible and accountable for the following functions in Sub-Office, Kasulu/Makere, Tanzania.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Drive assigned IOM office vehicle(s).
- Manage the day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicle(s) to ensure
roadworthiness of the vehicles. This includes daily check of tires, brakes,
engine oil, fan belt, etc.
- Arrange for minor repairs and ensure that the vehicles are kept clean.
- Ensure that the vehicles undertake regular service intervals.
- Keep records of spare parts for vehicle(s) and conduct monthly inventory of the spare parts.
- Find the most direct and safe route over the best available roads to the destination.
- Ensure that the IOM vehicle(s) is used only for official/authorized business, as advised by the supervisor.
- Make sure that the daily log sheet is prepared, and a monthly report is prepared summarizing statistics linked to mileage, fuel consumption, etc. for the vehicle.
- Keep a high degree of confidentiality and discreteness in discussions, which involves IOM and its officials. Take proper actions to reduce potential security threats to IOM officials and/or property within the immediate vicinity of the vehicle and along transport routes.
- Meet official personnel at the airport(s) and facilitate immigration and customs formalities as required.
- Collect and deliver mail, documents, pouches, and other communications/items from and to the country office; go to the post office, airport, government agencies, other UN agencies, institutions, project sites, etc., to take and deliver items and communications; keep records as required.
- When needed, assist the sub-office staff in performing simple clerical duties such as making and answering telephone calls, making photocopies, keeping records, etc.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- High school degree/certificate with minimum 2 years of relevant working experience or Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution.
- Valid national driver’s license.
- Knowledge of driving rules and regulations.
- Experience in driving a variety of makes and models of vehicles.
- Skills in minor vehicle repairs.
- Knowledge of radio, email, telephone, and other applications.
- Drives IOM vehicles in a safe manner consistent with local regulations.
SECTION 5 Languages
- For all applicants, fluency in English and Kiswahili is required (oral and written).
- Class C – Driving License
- Working knowledge of French and/or Spanish is an advantage.
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies: VALUES – All IOM staff members must abide by and demonstrate these five values:
Inclusion and respect for diversity: Respects and promotes individual and cultural differences. Encourages diversity and inclusion.
Integrity and transparency: Maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
Professionalism: Demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Courage: Demonstrates willingness to take a stand on issues of importance.
Empathy: Shows compassion for others, makes people feel safe, respected and fairly treated.
CORE COMPETENCIES – Behavioural indicators – Level 1
Teamwork: Develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
Delivering results: Produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner. Is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
Managing and sharing knowledge: Continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
Accountability: Takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own actions and delegated work.
Communication: Encourages and contributes to clear and open communication. Explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
The UN system in Tanzania provides a work environment that reflects the values of gender equality, teamwork, diversity, integrity, a healthy balance of work and life and equal opportunities for all, including persons with disability.
Female candidates and qualified persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply for
UN vacancies and are protected from discrimination during all stages of employment.
IOM does not charge a fee at any stage of its recruitment process (application, interview, processing, training, or other fee). IOM does not request any information. related to bank accounts.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates should fill in the PH form, submit CV’s and cover letter indicating Vacancy Number with 3 professional references and contacts to email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
The vacancy is open for both internal and External candidates Tanzanian national only.
Only e-mail applications will be considered.
Posting period: From 08th February 2024 – 21st February 2024
Competencies and respective levels should be drawn from the Competency Framework of the Organization.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com