Website Mott MacDonald
The Mott MacDonald Group is a consultancy headquartered in the United Kingdom.
Driver Job Vacancy at Mott MacDonald
Reporting to the Operations Manager and will perform the services detailed below:
- Routine check-up of the vehicles; routine check-up to include but not limited to oil, brake function, water, lights & tire condition and the like
- Strictly observe traffic rules and regulation and maximum speed limit as prescribed by the laws of Pakistan
- Maintain assigned vehicles; always keep clean and in good condition, necessary maintenance such as washing and /or cleaning and servicing of assigned vehicles shall be done and scheduled properly for the convenience
- During the waiting time either inside or outside of the company’s premises, the driver shall always stop the engine and electric power of assigned vehicles to save consumption of fuel
- Drive the company vehicles safely and comfortably and must exercise defensive driving while on the road to prevent accident. Reckless driving shall be sufficient ground for driver’s recall and consequently be a cause of termination
- The driver shall observe strictly the company rules and regulation, policies and directives and instruction of the Company
- Assist in monitoring vehicle movements to ensure that company vehicles are properly assigned, routes logged and driver time accounted for and that at closing time for regular working hours, all vehicles are parked at the designated parking area
- It is the sole responsibility of the driver to monitor expiration and renewal of his driver’s license, PMO and Insurance without causing any inconvenience to the client or the company schedule
- Fuel and necessary expenses for the maintenance shall be at the account of the company
- Any other duties as required by your supervisor.
Note: This job description reflects the present requirements of the post. As duties and responsibilities change and develop, the job description will be reviewed and be subject to amendment in consultation with the post holder and line manager
- Must possess a valid driver’s license with at least 5 years of driving experience
- Previous commercial driving experience or have graduated from an accredited commercial driving school
- Ability to read and write in Swahili and perform simple mathematical calculations.
- Ability to communicate in English, with a willingness to learn basic conversation for security and safety of passengers
- Mental ability to handle receipts; read maps, road signs, maintain journey log etc.
- Working knowledge of vehicle safety and control systems.
- Demonstrable defensive driving experience
- Basic routine maintenance and road handling skills
- Good communication skills
- Willingness to be proactive, responsive and flexible to changing requirements of the project
- Willingness to be flexible and contribute to the company in other duties as required
Shule Bora aims to improve the quality of pre-primary and primary schools in Tanzania. There are four main outcomes: improving learning outcomes for all children, improving transition rates to secondary schools for girls, ensuring children are safe in and around schools, and helping children with disabilities access quality education. If successful, Cambridge Education will design and implement Shule Bora in Tanzania over 6 years – March 2021 – March 2027.