Tanzania Home Economics Association (TAHEA) is a Professional National Non-Government Organization (NGO's) founded in March, 1980.
Driver Job Vacancy at TAHEA
TANZANIA HOME ECONOMICS ASSOCIATION (TAHEA)
Tanzania Home Economics Association (TAHEA) is a national professional organization of nutritionists, home economics, agriculturists and other related social science professionals.
TAHEA envisions ‘A democratic society with better living Conditions’; with the Mission to improve the socio-economic conditions of the society through advocacy and capacity building on agriculture, food and nutrition, health and environment in collaboration with other stakeholders.
TAHEA implements the ‘Meeting Targets and Maintaining Epidemic Control (EpiC) project in Dodoma Region.
EpiC is a 5 years’ global project funded by the U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) and the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID), dedicated to achieving and maintaining HIV epidemic control. In Tanzania, EpiC implements an HIV service delivery project among key and priority populations, such as adolescent girls and young women; female sex workers, Men at risks and orphans and vulnerable children which aims to reduce HIV infections in pursuit of reaching 95-95-95 goals. To achieve this goal, the program supports targeted prevention and case-finding strategies at the community level amongst the targeted populations.
TAHEA is seeking qualified candidates to immediately fill the following vacancies: –
Job Title: Driver (1 Post)
Duty Station: Any of the District Councils of Dodoma Region
Reporting to: Project Manager
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- To maintain and drive motor vehicles in accordance to road traffic rules and regulations
- To inspect motor vehicles before and after any route/journey in order to identify required maintenances or rehabilitation
- To ensure that a motor vehicle and its equipment are available and are in good condition
- To carry out minor/routine maintenances of vehicles;
- To ensure that motor vehicle doors and windows are properly locked and safe all the time;
- To ensure cleanness of motor at all time;
- To record and maintain records pertaining to any journey in the Logbook;
- To assist in office logistic activities such as collecting and dispatching mails and documents;
- To report any accident immediately to Supervisor or Traffic Police;
- To perform any other duties as may be assigned by his/her superiors.
Driver Job Vacancy at TAHEA
- Holder of Form IV Certificate and a Class “C, C1 or E” Driving License who has attended Basic Driving Course offered by VETA or any recognized Institution with Driving experience of at least one (1) year without causing accidents. Possession of Trade Test Grade II/Level II in Motor Vehicle Maintenance/Mechanics is an added advantage.
Method of Application & Instructions:
- Applications are to be lodged through email: email@example.com
- Candidates are required to mention the ‘Position Title’ on the subject line of the e-mail.
- All applicants MUST attach a cover letter and their updated Curriculum Vitae with certified copies of academic certificates in ONE file (PDF Format) as supporting documents to their applications, applications made in multiple zipped folders will not be considered.
- Phone calls are not allowed during the solicitation process.
- Shortlisting and interviews will be done on rolling basis.
- All applications should be submitted not later than 16:00 HRS on Wednesday, 8th November, 2023