National Bank of Commerce
NBC is the oldest serving bank in Tanzania with over five decades of experience. We offer a range of retail, business, corporate and investment banking, wealth management products and services.
The primary purpose of the role is to design, develop and support an effective and efficient enterprise application integration (EAI) solution which includes application integration, API engineering, development, and streaming management in alignment with approved organizational Enterprise Architecture principles.
An Enterprise Middleware & Integrations Specialist sets the organizational solutions integrations direction and establishes the centralized approach and roadmap of the Banks solution delivery modal across all Bank stakeholders Integrations needs.
An Enterprise Middleware & Integrations Specialist will oversee all the organization’s Middleware Integrations requirements engagements modal with Business and Technology teams inline with applicable standard frameworks.Job Description
Business Consulting Weight: 40%
- Being the central pillar for all business and technology solutions requirements.
- Evaluating internal functions, business solutions strategies, and IT processes and suggesting improvements.
- Creating technology architecture models to reflect the organisation’s strategies and goals and creating and implementing business visions and goals.
- Evaluating existing systems engineering, engagements models, and solutions/Projects/Change Requests on boarding models for discrepancies and vulnerabilities.
- Suggesting ideas to reduce costs in IT, business leadership and technology procurement.
- Organising trainings to improve employees’ knowledge and skills for future organisational growth with technology solutions on boarding processes etc.
- Conducting research in technology stack and solutions utilisation experience to improve the organisation’s business operations.
- Providing business and technology architecture for existing systems and those that are to be on boarded.
- Ensuring the efficiency, security, and support of the organisation’s solutions on boarding goals in line with applicable standards and Group counter parts involvements.
- Creating methods for compliance in architecture, such as data storage, metadata management, and change control.
- Determining and implementing build versus buy strategies, mentor personnel, and views of the overall business strategy.
- Definition, implementation, and execution of the processes for the definition, maintenance, and conformance management of the Enterprise Architecture.
- Update and maintenance of the key Enterprise Architecture deliverables.
- Establishment and maintenance of contacts within business units and information system programs to understand business activities and business drivers, business requirements, solutions strategies, alternatives, etc., being considered and/or implemented.
- Work with Architectural leadership at Group level in the resolutions of inter-program and inter-project issues.
- Ongoing research and assessment of new analysis approach for potential use within the Enterprise architecture space.
- Coordinating all Enterprise Architecture activities locally and at center.
- Developing and coordinating Architecture Plans.
- Assist in aligning business and enterprise initiatives with the Enterprise Architecture.
- Auditing compliance within the Enterprise Architecture standards and solutions reports.
- Serving as an advisor to senior technology management on business and information integration strategies requirements.
- Build closer relationships with Technical Support Teams & respective Towers to ensure Tech Resources assignments across Projects/engagements.
- Have complete oversight of all banking systems/applications/solutions and how are integrated end to end.
- Work with PMO Project Managers in handling Projects Solutions designs/architecture.
- Work with Business Analyst/Product Owner to fully unpack Business requirements, relate to existing solutions and finally providing a Technical Functional Specification document.
- Support PMO & Business Analyst/Product Owner in presenting requirements to the Requests Approval Forum (RAF).
- Manage Developers Capacity in terms of engagements allocations depending on current workloads; thereby managing requirements prioritisation.
Enterprise Middleware & Integrations Specialist Job Vacancy at NBC
- Make assessments on the need to outsource contracted vendors for the solution delivery, in line with all governing processes.
- Deliver and guide Developers understanding and aligning to requirements; ensuring the product fully reflects the Functional Specifications (FS).
- Maintain and keep track of all new and enhancements engagements requests documentations and releases to ensure changes are catered for.
- Work with Business Innovations Team to outline requirements for new Solutions for implementations.
- Ensures Solutions Code Deployment Guidelines are duly signed off between Developers and DevOps team.
- Hold continued sessions with Developers, PMO & Business Analyst to ensure Sprints delivery meet the expectations prior to go Live.
- Ensure solution code is continually being updated on source code repository systems by Developers, on weekly basis.
- Ensure authenticity of the final solution code deployed on UAT and production; deployment governance processes are followed & records maintained.
- Ensure the final solution code document including APIs/Services; is fully signed off and stored safely.
- Engage and plan for Solution security assessments and/or respective security clearance approval if not applicable.
Service Delivery Weight: 15%
- Ensuring end-to-end ownership and handling of business requests ensuring timely coordination of engagements to delivery.
- Meeting deadlines and turnaround time without compromising quality norms and adhering to solutions delivery SLA.
- Understanding and coordinating business needs / enhancements, customisation, service-related issue of clients to provide solutions in adherence to delivery schedules.
- Have subject matter expertise in business lines and products to improve Business Processes Re-engineering (BPR).
- Helping in-country various team to implement new solutions without any bugs in the system. Making sure system availability to customers and business team.
- Manage the maintenance & optimisation of Technology stack, products & services within the delivery teams.
- Ensuring that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise-Wide Risk Management Framework and Absa Policies and Policy Standards.
- Understand and manage risks and risk events (incidents) relevant to the role.
- Support sourcing and procurement office in all vendor solutions related selection processes & take full accountability for all related cost impact.
- Build and maintain effective stakeholder relationships within the Bank to understand the business needs and changes in customer needs.
- Participate in Bank wide forums and governance structures as required.
- Communicate and track the achievement of Service levels (documented in Service Level Agreements) on an ongoing basis and take corrective action as required.
- Manage the Development teams to ensure they timely deliver reliable solutions.
Manage Risk and Compliance Weight: 15%
- Together with Risk and Compliance review the key risk and compliance challenges identified in the technology stack, applicable standards, security assessments and solutions area.
- Together with the Risk and Compliance team implement measures to address notable risks and regulatory challenges.
- Implement measures to review the risk and compliance performance of the unit/function on a regular basis and take corrective action.
- Complete all relevant Management Assurance or Risk reports and attestations as required.
- Ensure that processes, control requirements and risk management frameworks that impact the area are documented and understood by all members of the team.
- Work with Internal Audit and Management Assurance during the scoping of audits to ensure fair coverage in all System related issues.
- Own and agree corrective action items with Internal Audit and Management Assurance for findings related to the functional area under management.
- Arrange issue assurance for closed audit findings.
- Contribute and deliver to the improvement of the risk profile by delivering improved governance, risk management, controls and compliance requirements.
Drive Cost & Revenue Agenda Weight: 15%
- Increase revenue potential for the business by effectively managing unnecessary solutions on boarding, unnecessary change requests and architecture engagements.
- Minimise development and solution cost of business. Requirements by 55% through optimising delivery internally.
- Implement actions resulting from formalised solutions and technology stack reviews (including questionnaires, production reporting, risks event reporting, etc.).
- Limit Income Leakage by ensuring all solutions requirements have a reconciliation module within.
Enterprise Middleware & Integrations Specialist Job Vacancy at NBC
Capacity Building Weight: 15%
- Proactively upholding knowledge transfer to the internal development teams to ensure processes and standards adherence.
- By utilising skills matrix, identify training and development requirements, formulating a plan to be agreed with team for continued empowerment.
Mandatory Base requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or a related field.
- At least 5 years’ experience in system architecture field.
- Excellent technical, analytical, design and project management skills.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good leadership and motivational skills.
- Experience in Modelling and graphical representations and abstractions. Actual experience developing and building models based on the Enterprise Architecture Framework.
- Communication, both verbal (e.g., presentations, seminars, etc.) and written (e.g., reports, articles, etc.).
- Group session facilitation and Team leadership.
Mandatory technical skills include:
- Data and system analysis & Modelling
- Data and system designs visualisation using appropriate tools
- Critical/analytical thinking
Bachelor’s Degree – Information Technology, Experience in a similar environment
How to Apply:
To apply for this job please visit absa.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com.