Website Canuck Company Limited
Environmental Officer Job Vacancy at Canuck Company Limited
Position Title: ENVIRONMENTAL OFFICER (1 POST)
CONTEXT AND PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
- The environmental officer is accountable for assisting Human Resource Department at Canuck to ensure that environmental policies are well implemented, and environmental campaigns are effective together with evaluating, planning and implementing environmental issues.
ACCOUNTABILITIES & AUTHORITIES OF THE ROLE:
Environmental Officer has the following accountabilities and authorities:
- Execute developed environmental management plans, programs, and strategies on site.
- Plan environmental projects and provide reports on status and outcomes.
- Prepare written reports as required, briefs for projects and or services, and strategies, policies, and management plans.
- Provide technical input into the development of environmental policies, guidelines, and procedures for the Canuck Company Limited.
- Conduct the environmental incident reporting & incident investigation program.
- Ensure monitoring programs of air quality, water quality, noise & vibration, meteorological, soil and biodiversity are maintained and undertaken in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Facilitate the dissemination of information and training of environmental management aspects for all employees.
- Provide input to the HRM into the development of environmental quality standards, guidelines, objectives, policies, procedures and/or legislation.
- Carryout inspections, conduct investigations, resolve conflict, and take appropriate action.
- Conduct monitoring projects in support of studies, programs, and the development of guidelines and standards.
REQUIRED SKILLED KNOWLEDGE
- Bachelor’s degree in environmental science or environmental engineering or related discipline.
- A minimum of 2-3 years working experience in an environmental management role in a large-scale operation preferably in the mining and extractive industry.
- Experience in the application of EHS management systems.
Must have knowledge of:
- Demonstrated knowledge of Tanzanian and international regulatory framework for environmental management in general.
- Knowledge on ISO 14001 EMS implementation process
- Knowledge on Health and Safety Issues
- Audit/EMS management systems.
- NEMC registrations for Audit and EIA
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants are invited to submit their Resumes and certificates (indicating the Position
Title in the subject) to:
Human Resource Manager,
Canuck Company Limited,
P.O. Box 846,
Or via Email to: email@example.com
The deadline for submitting the application is 26 February 2024
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org