Website WoteSawa Domestic Workers Organization
WoteSawa (All Equal) is a Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) based in Mwanza, Tanzania with a branch in Kasulu Kigoma region.
Finance and Administrator Officer Job Vacancy at WoteSawa Domestic Workers Organization
WoteSawa Domestic Workers Organization, is Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) based in Mwanza, Tanzania. The organization has two branches offices at Kasulu in Kigoma region and Ngara in Kagera region. The Organization focuses on “Promoting Decent Work for Domestic Workers, Combating Human Trafficking particularly child trafficking and Ending Child Labour”. WoteSawa, is seeking for an experienced, matured, dedicated and a highly competent individuals with exemplary ethical conduct to fill in vacant position mentioned below:
Post: Finance and Administrator Officer.
Duty Station: Mwanza (Head office)
Report to: Finance Manager
Number of Position (s): One (1)
Duration: Full Time.
Remuneration: As per WOTESAWA, Salary Scale
Qualification and experience:
- Holder of Bachelor’s Degree in one of the following fields: Finance, Accounting, Business Administration majoring in Accountancy, or Commerce majoring in Finance/Accountancy, or equivalent qualifications from a recognized Institution; Advanced degrees or certification (such as CPA, CFA, ACCA) adds advantage.
- Minimum of 2or 3 years’ experience as a finance and administrative officer in the Non-Profit Sectors, with a strong understanding of NGO’s financial management.
- Proficient in accounting software and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Must be familiar with donor reporting requirements and grants management.
- Ability to interpret complex financial data, analyse trends, and make strategic recommendations based on financial insights.
- Knowledge of financial regulations, compliance standards and tax laws relevant to the field is important.
- Ability to work effectively within team, collaborating with colleagues across different departments and external stakeholders.
- Capability to identify financial issues, propose solutions and implement strategies to address them.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with attention to details.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are essential.
- Upholding high ethical standards and integrity in financial practices.
- Strong organizational and time management skills to handle multiple tasks, meet deadlines and prioritize effectively in a dynamic work environment.
- Demonstrated commitment to the mission and values of the NGOs.
- Age between 25-40 years.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Maintain accurate financial records for the Organization ensuring compliance with accounting standards and regulatory requirements.
- Prepare and analyze financial statements, budget forecasts, and financial reports to support decision-making processes.
- Oversee day-to-day financial transactions, including accounts payable/receivable, payroll, and expense management.
- Collaborate with program managers to track and monitor project budgets, providing financial insights for effective resource allocation.
- To manage donor funds and grants, ensuring proper documentation and adherence to funding guidelines.
- Conduct periodic internal audits to assess financial controls and recommend improvements for transparency and accountability.
- Prepare and submit timely and accurate financial reports to Donors, Government Agencies and other Stakeholders.
- Stay abreast of financial regulations, accounting principles, and industry best practices to ensure compliance and efficient financial operations.
- Assist in the development of grant proposals by providing accurate budget estimates and financial narratives.
- Assist external auditors during annual audits and implement any recommended changes to improve financial processes.
- Maintain and update the project office filing system.
- Reconcile bank accounts and report to finance manager
- Keeping project staff aware and informed of changes to accounting system/structure/ procedures through training/presentation.
- Review periodic variance report on actual performance against budget and recommend for improvement.
- Review suppliers’ invoices and recommend for the payments.
- Any other duty as may be assigned by Executive Director.
Mode of Application
We welcome and encourage all eligible applicants to submit their Cover Letters, detailed CV’s and Certified Copies of Academic Certificates and Birth Certificate, Professional certificates (if any) and three referees for your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
(Applications submitted contrary to the procedure outlined in this announcement WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.)
Applications should reach the above on or before 14th February, 2024 at 16:30 pm. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews. Applications submitted after the CLOSING DATE will not be accepted.
BE AWARE: WoteSawa Domestic Workers Organization, does not receive any kind of corruption in exchange for a job position. Therefore, applicants of all backgrounds, abilities and experience are highly invited.