Website Tetra Tech
The USAID-funded Maji na Usafi wa Mazingira (MUM) project in Tanzania, implemented by Tetra Tech International Development (International Development Jobs – Tetra Tech), is currently accepting expressions of interest for a Finance Manager. This position will be located in the main office in Iringa.
Position Description/Summary: Under the supervision of the Director of Administration and Finance, the Finance Manager is responsible for managing accounting and financial control systems for the Tanzania MUM project offices in the Iringa office and for ensuring that adequate and appropriate internal controls are in place to meet generally recognized accounting standards and full compliance with all USAID financial administration and reporting requirements. In addition, the Finance Manager will oversee the Finance team and work closely with Administrative Manager and Procurement and Subcontract Manager.
* Assist the DAF to manage all aspects of the project financial accounting system, including managing cash flow, preparing and reconciling monthly financial reports, and ensuring proper filing of all required documentation.
* Responsible for reconciling bank records and prepare monthly bank account reports; review all online data entries for payments in online banking system, ensuring accuracy and proper approvals.
* Review all travel advances and expense reports as approved by Accountant; and review accounts payable and reconcile travel advances on monthly basis and report any exceptions.
* Review and ensure all approved Salesforce disbursement vouchers have been correctly coded and posted to QuickBooks.
* Responsible for timely preparation of VAT reimbursement claims, coordinate with tax consultant for certificate of genuineness and obtain endorsements from US Mission and Government Institutions and submit to Tanzania Revenue Authority.
* Review all tax exemption and reimbursement applications for accuracy prior to submission to the relevant authorities.
* Assist to prepare financial reports of local expenses by category (labor, transportation, equipment, supplies, etc.) as requested.
* Responsible for ensuring there are sufficient funds for implementation of project activities and funds are timely.
* Review budgets for annual work plan and individual activities on an ongoing basis and ensure cost estimates are reasonable, allowable, accurately presented and assigned to the correct cost type.
* Prepare annual financial statements according to International Accounting Standards and oversee audit processes.
* Responsible for ensuring compliance with local laws governing statutory deductions and remittances.
* Perform any other duties assigned by the COP, DCOP Operations and DAF.
* Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in finance and/or accounting, or related field of study, and 3 years’ relevant work experience OR 8 years’ relevant work experience.
* Demonstrated experience in similar donor-related activities serving on a similar or equivalent position.
* Demonstrated experience overseeing a finance team and solving accounting and finance problems.
* Practical experience preparing VAT refund claims and coordinating endorsements and submission of required documentation to TRA.
* Ability to review activity budgets and QuickBooks entries and reports.
* Fluency in written and spoken English.
* Must be registered with National Board of Accountants and Auditors (NBAA) as Certified Public Accountant (CPA).
* Tactfulness, enthusiasm for the job, Good Human Relation skills, integrity and ability to work under pressure.
Finance Manager for Tanzania MUM Project Job Vacancy at Tetra Tech
To be considered, please submit the following:
- Cover Letter
Please ensure that only the requested documents noted above are submitted. Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
At Tetra Tech, health and safety play a vital role in our success. Tetra Tech’s employees work together to comply with all applicable health & safety practices and protocols, including health orders and regulations related to COVID-19 that are mandated by local, state, and federal authorities.
Tetra Tech International Development is committed to safeguarding and technical excellence in equality and social inclusion. Our team of dedicated Gender, Youth, and Social Inclusion (GYSI) advisers work closely with our staff and partners to share international norms and best practices to improve the livelihoods of the world’s most marginalized groups. Tetra Tech International Development is especially interested in candidates that can contribute to our Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) initiatives that aim to expand inclusion and an authentic sense of belonging to all our staff regardless of background.
We are dedicated to hiring an inclusive workforce. If you would like to request reasonable accommodations during the application process, please visit Tetra Tech’s Disability Assistance Page or contact our Global Talent Operations team. Our recruitment team looks forward to engaging in an interactive process to provide reasonable accommodations for candidates.
Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion-dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in more than 550 locations around the world. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees — 27,000 associates working together to provide smart, scalable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action/Americans with Disabilities/Veterans employer.
Key words: Project Opportunities, ARD 188, Water, Sanitation and Hygiene
To apply for this job please visit tetratech.referrals.selectminds.com.