The UN's World Health Organization
Finance Officer Job Vacancy at WHO
OBJECTIVES OF THE PROGRAMME
Country Management Support Units (CSU) have been established in the organizational structure to provide support for Managers and staff to fully assume their responsibilities in the GSM environment and to ensure compliance with organizational policies, procedures, rules and regulations on all administrative and financial matters and transactions in the context of an enterprise resource Planning (ERP) system.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
• Organize the day-to-day budget and financial operations encompassing monitoring and clearance, financial accounting and reporting, work plan and award management including cash flow forecasting and monitoring, while liaising with relevant team members.
• Support the funding allocations and awards, prepare necessary forms for the awards’ cycle and implements all budgetary and financial actions in the Global Management System (GSM), this includes work plan funding requests, submission of award budgets, reprogramming of awards and preparation of expenditure batches, while ensuring speedy response to the incident management team’s financial requests. Ensure expenditures are appropriately charged to awards in line with the conditions in agreements with donors.
• Follow-up on donor proposals and reporting deadlines; verify and provide budgetary clearance to proposals and reports for resource mobilization team ensure compliance with relevant financial policies, procedures and emergency SOPs.
• Track and report on financing against budget: monitor implementation rates, consolidate financial data, prepare periodic/ad hoc budgetary and financial statements and returns, identify financial gaps, and recommend alternative action to mangers as appropriate.
• Update and maintain an accurate tracking system of all financial activities pertaining to the emergency preparedness, recovery and response operations at the country level.
• Ensure accurate recording of financial transactions, calculation and payment of salaries, allowances and other payments to staff, non-staff, contractors and vendors.
• Oversee imprest account management: analyse expenditures against approved allocations, reconcile cash books with bank statements.
• Brief/debrief staff members, consultants and WHO responders, on relevant financial and budgetary rules and procedures.
• Follow-up on any outstanding audit recommendations related to area of work.
• Perform any other related incident-specific duties, as required by the functional supervisor Performs all other related duties as assigned.
See also: Assistant Accountants Job Vacancies at University of Dar es salaam Computing Center – 2 Posts
Essential: First university degree in accounting, financial management, business or public administration or economics with specialization in budgeting/accounting from an accredited/recognized institute.
Desirable: An advanced university degree in in business administration, finance, accounting, or public administration. Professional qualification or certification in accounting/accountancy (CPA, ACCA, CIPFA, CIMA or equivalent).
Essential: A minimum of one year’ experience, working in finance, budget/accounting. Demonstrated experience in accounting and consolidation of financial data using ERP systems or similar.
• Thorough knowledge of accounting, budgetary and financial management principles and their application.
• Excellent understanding of accounting practices and procedures, including the application of IPSAS.
• Strong analytical, time management and problem-solving skills.
• Knowledge of WHO rules regulations, policies and practices would be an asset.
• Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
• Advanced knowledge of relevant financial computer applications preferably Oracle Enterprise resource planning (ERP) or similar packages.
Finance Officer Job Vacancy at WHO
1) Communicating in a credible and effective way
2) Producing results
3) Moving forward in a changing environment
4) Fostering integration and teamwork
Use of Language Skills
Essential: Excellent knowledge of English
Desirable: Knowledge of French or other UN language.
Remuneration comprises an annual base salary starting at 81,225 schillings (subject to mandatory deductions for pension contributions and health insurance, as applicable) and 30 days of annual leave.
See also: Accountant Job Vacancy at Rigor International
- This vacancy notice may be used to fill other similar positions at the same grade level
- Only candidates under serious consideration will be contacted.
- A written test may be used as a form of screening.
- In the event that your candidature is retained for an interview, you will be required to provide, in advance, a scanned copy of the degree(s)/diploma(s)/certificate(s) required for this position. WHO only considers higher educational qualifications obtained from an institution accredited/recognized in the World Higher Education Database (WHED), a list updated by the International Association of Universities (IAU)/United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO). The list can be accessed through the link: http://www.whed.net/. Some professional certificates may not appear in the WHED and will require individual review.
- Any appointment/extension of appointment is subject to WHO Staff Regulations, Staff Rules and Manual.
- For information on WHO’s operations please visit: http://www.who.int.
- WHO is committed to workforce diversity.
- WHO prides itself on a workforce that adheres to the highest ethical and professional standards and that is committed to put the WHO Values Charter into practice.
The deadline for submitting the application is 12 March 2023.
To apply for this job please visit careers.who.int.