Website Sun King
Sun King solar lanterns and home systems by Greenlight Planet enables underserved communities to achieve more with inclusive distribution.
The Fraud Analyst will work closely with the Regional Collections Managers, Zonal Credit Managers, and the EasyBuy direct team to ensure that the risks associated with our Pay-As-You-Go products are being worked upon.
The team you will join:
Our Global team is primarily responsible for merging quantitative insights and field-based qualitative insights, asking questions, and designing experiments to improve the quality of our PAYG solar energy loan portfolio.
What you would be expected to do:
- Investigate and collect information on fraud-related activities (e.g., tampering, identity theft, Impersonation, Scammers) within the business.
- Liaise with different law enforcement agents to close reported fraud, tampering or any case.
- Design and implement projects to prevent fraud-related activities within the company and recover losses.
- Manage and prioritize a large and varied caseload effectively and efficiently to achieve positive results.
- Liaise with the Call Center and Field Teams to identify fraudulent cases and follow them up for closure.
- Serve as a witness in legal cases that arise in the field on behalf of the company.
- Prepare regular reports from the field on fraud-related activities and escalate.
You might be a strong candidate if you:
- Have at least a Bachelor’s degree in a related field of Criminal Justice, Law or a related field.
- Have other relevant certifications in Criminal Investigations, Risk Management, Fraud Investigations or Business Analytics.
- Understand relevant legislations such as The Law of Contract Act and The Criminal Procedure Act well.
- have the ability to identify any suspicious activity that includes fraud threats and infringement attempts in time.
- Display good interviewing and interrogation skills and the capability of drafting reports.
- Have high level of integrity and confidentiality.
- Can clearly and straight to the point communicate fluently in both written and spoken English and Swahili.
What we offer (in addition to compensation and statutory benefits):
- An opportunity to grow as a professional in a dynamic, fast-growing, high-impact industry;
- The chance to work in an open-minded, collaborative culture surrounded by enthusiastic Greenlighters who are driven by the challenge of continuously innovating and growing an innovative, sustainable business with a profound impact on the world;
- A truly multicultural experience: you will have the chance to work with and learn from people from different geographies, nationalities, and backgrounds.
- Structured, tailored learning and development programs help you become a better leader, manager, and professional through the Sun King Academy.
Fraud Analyst Job Vacancy at Sun King
About Sun King
Sun King designs, distributes, and finances the purchase of solar powered home energy solutions for the world’s 1.3 billion under-electrified consumers. We are market leaders in the distributed off-grid solar industry, and our Sun King™ products have enabled 90 million people around the world to access clean, reliable, solar-powered light and energy at home.
Sun King products range from portable solar lamps to more robust multi-light solar home systems, to solar-powered televisions and fans and energy-efficient inverter bulbs. Our products drastically improve the quality of life for those that lack reliable electricity access: they help extend the number of productive, income-generating hours in a day; they enable children to study after dark; they allow families and communities to gather safely to socialize after sunset; and when replacing field-based sources of light like kerosene lamps, they reduce exposure to indoor air pollution.
We reach our customers through two distinct business models: a vast network of more than 300 distribution partners across 40 countries, and through our EasyBuy™ Direct sales channel, where we sell directly to consumers in India, Kenya, Myanmar, Nigeria, Tanzania, Uganda, Mozambique, Togo, and Zambia through a network of more than 15,000 commission sales agents. Our customers have the option to purchase these products upfront or to pay for them through an installment payment plan over a period of 4-18 months through our Sun King EasyBuy™ line, our technology-enabled ‘pay-as-you-go’ (PAYG) systems.
Sun King employs more than 2,000 people in 11 countries across sub-Saharan Africa and Asia. We are passionate about serving off-grid customers, and we are driven by the challenge of continuously innovating and growing a smart, sustainable business with a profound impact on the world.
Sun King is committed to gender equality in the workplace. Women represent 47% of Sun king’s workforce.
Follow THIS LINK to apply online
Application Deadline: May 31, 2023
To apply for this job please visit greenlightplanet.pinpointhq.com.