Website Johari Rotana
Striking contemporary property with elegant design and outstanding facilities in a prime location in the Central Business District of Dar es Salaam
Front Office – Driver Job Vacancy at Johari Rotana
We are currently looking for dynamic, and self-motivated Front Office professionals who want to move their careers forward.
Provides presence at the hotel’s main entrance to welcome and assist guests promptly, efficiently, courteously and professionally, as to achieve a high level of guest satisfaction. Being the first point of contact with guests is to create an unforgettable first impression and project a favourable image of the hotel at all times. To be responsible for all standards and procedures connected with Valet parking. To project an image of professionalism, whilst following strict rules & regulations while driving / handling guest vehicles. In addition, to perform all such duties and to carry out all such responsibilities as may be assigned to ensure highest level of personalized attention and standards of service.
Specific Duties And Responsibilities-
- Opens car doors for arriving and departing guests maintaining a smooth traffic flow at the driveway
- Ensures guests are greeted upon arrival, tickets are given and cars are parked
- Ensures that cars are delivered within 10 minutes upon guest request
- Handles guests vehicles with the outmost care following established traffic rules & regulations, which are not limited to the speed limits
- Ensures effective handover is done, gaining information from earlier shift colleagues
- Makes control tours at the main entrance and parking areas ensuring that cleanliness is at maximum
- Controls and assures security of all guest car keys and the orderly storage as per set standard
- Give accurate direction and necessary information for guests and issues taxi cards
- Ensures that airport/crew transportation flow is maintained effectively
- Assists guests with luggage for arrival/departure
- Ensure to provide prompt, courteous and efficient service to all guest, so as to achieve a high level of costumer satisfaction through personalized service from arrival till departure, ensures guests are personally greeted by name, if known, to make them feel expected and welcomed
- Maintains an up to date knowledge of hotel information and local services, including operating hours, promotions, events, attractions and any allied information to supply information respond to guest queries
- Establishes, promotes and maintains good public relations and enhances sales for the hotel at every opportunity.
- Adheres to all company and hotel rules & regulations at all times
- Provides helpful, friendly and prompt personalized telephone service to all guests (external and internal)
- Maintains an up to date knowledge of all Front Office equipment and how to use these
- Reports daily activities in communication logbook and attends daily operations briefings
- Ensures effective handover is done, gaining information from earlier shift and provides a helpful handover to the next shift
- Establishes, promotes and maintains good public relations while meeting or exceeding guest expectations
- Cooperates in the performance of any reasonable task requested by company manager, executive and guests
- To regularly check the main entrance and parking area is clean, no clutter or other debris
You should ideally have a degree in hospitality with previous experiences in the Front Office Department within a hotel. Excellent written and verbal English communication skills and knowledge in an additional language, along with strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities are essentials. Computer literate and previous experiences with Opera are an advantage.
Knowledge & Competencies
The ideal candidate will be customer driven and an extremely proactive and ‘switched on’ personality with an outgoing, charismatic and approachable character. You will work well under pressure in a fast paced environment and be a great team player, who thrives in working with a multi-cultural team and guests alike, while possessing following additional competencies-
Understanding the Job