Website Upendo Studio
Connects brands with their fans, to drive creativity, culture and commercial success.
Graphic Designer Job Vacancy at Upendo Studio
Upendo Studio is a creative agency that specializes in design, branding, and user experience. We believe in embracing the unknown, and we only work with people who are willing to break new ground to solve old problems in new ways. Our team is made up of dedicated professionals who are passionate about making a difference and delivering results that exceed expectations.
At Upendo Studio, we see graphic design as visual storytelling that engages, informs, and inspires. We’re looking for a talented graphic designer who can take concepts and ideas and create visual representations, in both print and electronic media. The ideal candidate will have expert knowledge of current design software and be skilled in every step of the design process, from concept to final deliverable. Collaborating with multiple teams across the company, the graphic designer should be able to take written or spoken ideas and convert them into a design that connects. The successful candidate will have a thorough understanding of branding and marketing, and be able to find the right style and layout for every project.
Objectives of this role
- Work on a wide range of projects and media, using various software programs to visualize and develop innovative graphic designs that meet business goals
- Obtain input from managers to ensure that designs meet organizational standards and brand expectations, express ideas accurately, and represent the company or client appropriately
- Work independently as well as cooperatively with marketing team to meet deadlines, stay within budget, and schedule project implementation based on workload, which may include five or more simultaneous projects
- Examine existing processes, identify flaws, and create solutions that improve design capabilities
- Update and maintain internal databases for designs, photography, and video
- Collaborate, brainstorm, and strategize with multiple teams or clients on a wide range of materials that may include web pages, presentations, programming collateral, signage, internal communications, newsletters, and marketing materials
- Translate strategic direction into high-quality design within an established brand identity
- Develop concepts by hand or with software, and execute original content by determining the ideal usage of color, text, font style, imagery, and layout
- Manage the design and uploading process for all project materials, based on best practices for using a content management system
- Use trend intelligence and knowledge of historical and current markets when designing and executing specific classifications
Required skills and qualifications
- Exceptional creativity and innovative design skills
- two or more years of experience (academic and professional) with design software, including Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, Dreamweaver
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Organizational and time-management skills for meeting deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Desire to continue building skill set with education and training
Preferred skills and qualifications
- two or more years of experience in professional graphic design, preferably with a creative or marketing agency
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in graphic design, art, or related discipline
- Photography experience and proficiency with photo-editing software
- Motion Graphic knowledge will be a plus point
How to Apply :
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.