COMPANY NAME: ASILIA LODGES AND CAMPS LTD
POSITION: GUIDE TRAINER
DEPARTMENT: FIELD OPERATIONS
REPORTING TO: HEAD OF THE GUIDING AND GUIDE TRAINING
At Asilia we aim to be an organization that offers Better Experiences and Strong Positive Impact
We give people joy and appreciation in iconic wildlife & wilderness areas in a way that makes a positive lasting impact on the environment and its people. Behind the scenes, we diligently build our operational, sustainable and marketing/sales capabilities and access to capital to enable scaling up the experience and impact.
As a Guide Trainer you will be responsible for developing and delivering training programs for new and existing guides. This includes creating training materials, conducting training sessions, and evaluating the effectiveness of training programs. The Guide Trainer also works with the Head of the Guiding and Guide Training and Group Training Manager to develop and implement guide training policies and procedures.
This Job Description is your guide to achieving these objectives by outlining your daily duties & responsibilities. WE BELIEVE IN BETTER!!
SCOPE AND PURPOSE OF JOB:
The main purpose of the Guide Trainer is to support the company by ensure that all guides are equipped with the knowledge and skills they need to provide excellent customer service and deliver informative and engaging clients.
DUTIES, RESPONSIBILITIES & PERFORMANCE STANDARDS
- Ensure that the quality of guiding in Asilia continuously improves. This includes developing and delivering training programs, evaluating guides, and recruiting new guides.
- Develop training programs that comply with Asilia’s overall company goals and targets. This includes ensuring that guides are trained in all relevant activities and that they are evaluated regularly.
- Develop operating procedures for all activities, a day in the life of a guide, training manuals, and checklists. This will help to ensure that guides are operating safely and effectively.
- Train guides in all our camps to be able to successfully and safely offer all relevant activities / experiences. This includes driving, walking, bird watching, fly camping, boating, and hosting and entertaining guests.
- Recruit guides and trainee guides as needed for the expected growth. This includes conducting interviews, checking references, and making hiring decisions.
- Ensure that all guides are evaluated every year to measure success and identify training needs. This will help to ensure that guides are continually improving their skills.
- Develop a program that splits time between all areas and exposes all guides to regular training interventions. This will help to ensure that all guides are receiving the training they need, regardless of their location.
- Develop a series of training exercises / talks / practical so that training can be slotted into otherwise busy days / seasons. This will help to ensure that guides are able to receive training even when they are busy with other work.
- Plan longer specialized training courses throughout the year. This will help to ensure that guides are able to learn about new topics and skills.
- Work within the allocated training budget. This will help to ensure that training is cost-effective and that the company is getting the most out of its training investment.
- Closely monitor guide feedback and ensure corrective training is timeously given to avoid repeat negative feedback. This will help to ensure that guides are able to improve their performance and that guests are having a positive experience.
- Train guides in care, maintenance, and responsibility for all departmental assets (vehicles, guiding equipment, etc.). This will help to ensure that guides are taking care of the company’s assets and that they are not being damaged or misused.
- Train guides in guest delight, exceeding expectation, special extras, storytelling, breaking the mold, sundowner set ups, empathy. This will help to ensure that guides are providing guests with a memorable and enjoyable experience.
Guide Trainer Job Vacancy at Asilia lodges and Camps LTD
- Experience: At least 3 years of experience as a senior guide
- Knowledge: A deep understanding of the local area and its wildlife.
- Skills: Excellent communication and presentation skills, as well as the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to work with people from different cultures.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Please send your application and resume in only one Pdf document not later than 27th September 2023 to email@example.com
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.