Website Barrick – Bulyanhulu Gold Mine LTD
Bulyanhulu is a narrow-vein gold mine containing gold, silver and copper mineralisation in sulphides.
HD Mechanic Job Vacancy at Barrick – Bulyanhulu Gold Mine LTD
Job Advert: HD Mechanic – Expat (01 Post)
Bulyanhulu Gold Mine is seeking to recruit an HD Mechanic to join and grow our team. Join our exceptional team and embody Barrick’s core values as you work with us. We are in search of individuals who can champion Barrick’s DNA by:
- Communicating Honestly, Transparently, and Acting with Integrity
- Exhibiting a Results-Driven approach
- Delivering solutions that are Fit for Purpose
- Dedicating themselves to Building a Sustainable Legacy
- Taking Responsibility and being Accountable
- Committing to Zero Harm
- Cultivating strong and meaningful Partnerships
If you’re ready to contribute to our World-Class Team while embracing these values, we encourage you to apply and become a valued member of our diverse workforce.
Reporting to the HME Foreman, the overall position objective is to provide leadership, systems and strategies that deliver accepted best practice in the maintenance of mining equipment which will leverage available equipment to deliver safe profitable gold production as well as facilitating training and upskilling of workforce through industry best practices.
Key roles and responsibilities will be:
- Ensure safe work practice i.e. attending compulsory safety courses and meetings, and ensuring total adherence to all Safety, Occupational Health, and Environmental Policies.
- Follow all maintenance procedures and ensure the completion of mechanical activities according to standard without causing any damage to any component/system/equipment.
- Ensure equipment isolation, adhere to working at height and confined space standards/ procedures, and conduct pre-start checks/ inspections.
- Carry out mechanical repair and preventive maintenance to maintain Plant & Mobile Equipment in a safe and efficient manner to achieve production and cost target.
- Carry out trouble shooting, fault finding and corrective maintenance to solve unplanned equipment unavailability events.
- Ensure that maintenance practices result in maximum equipment availability.
- Utilize work instructions to determine job requirements, including job sheets, quality, and quantity of materials/resources etc.
- Perform PM inspection according to the maintenance requirements and ensure preventive maintenance compliance.
- Conduct Mobile & Plant equipment upgrade/ modification as required.
- Removal of machine components & replacement
- Provide accurate and timely feedback to the Supervisor on conditions that may affect functionality of equipment.
- Follow up of outstanding maintenance/ repairs.
- Complete shift hand over process
- Provide appropriate on-job training and coaching to the team.
- Heavy Diesel Fitter Trade Test
- Extensive knowledge on Sandvik UG Trackless Mining Equipment
Experience and Skills Requirements:
- A minimum of 10 years working on Sandvik mechanized mining equipment
- Must have proven experience working as part of high speed mechanized jumbo development maintenance team with sound understanding of mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic systems on mobile machinery.
- Quality Communication: Pay attention to communication from others; Keep clear, accurate written documentation.
- Manage Work/Time Management: Plan use of own time to accomplish a variety of tasks; Schedule own work so that the most important work gets done.
- Maintaining Work Standards: Critique own performance as a means of self-improvement; Set high standards of work performance for self.
- Team Member/Contributing to Team Success: Offer suggestions for achieving team goals or performing team functions; regularly share information with the team; demonstrate a personal commitment to the team.
What We Can Offer You:
- A comprehensive compensation package including bonuses and site-specific benefits.
- The ability to make a difference and lasting impact.
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- Opportunities to grow and learn with industry colleagues.
- Access to a variety of career opportunities across the organization
We are committed to a safe work environment sending every person home safe and healthy every day and leaving a sustainable legacy on our host communities.
Thank you for your application, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.