Website Plan International
Plan International advances children's rights and equality for girls in more than 75 countries
Location: Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Company: Plan International
Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls.
We believe in the power and potential of every child. But this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination. And it’s girls who are most affected.
Working together with children, young people, our supporters and partners, we strive for a just world, tackling the root causes of the challenges facing girls and all vulnerable children.
We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood. And we enable children to prepare for – and respond to – crises and adversity. We drive changes in practice and policy at local, national and global levels using our reach, experience and knowledge.
We have been building powerful partnerships for children for over 85 years, and are now active in more than 80 countries.
The Head of Child Protection and Safeguarding position is responsible for providing technical support in child protection programming and Safeguarding roles in Plan International Tanzania. The position has the responsibility of designing sustainable and integrated child protection strategies in programming and providing continuous technical support in the project management cycle of the child protection programs of Plan International Tanzania. The position has the role of designing grants proposals, creating and building strategic partnerships and national-level networking and advocacy. This position has responsibility of working with Business Development Team in fundraising at the stage of proposal development on Protection from Violence programming. This role is based at the Country Office and reports to the Team Leader Program Quality
DIMENSION OF THE ROLE
- This position reports to Team Leader Program Quality and is part of the Extended Country Management Team (ECMT)
- Performs child protection and child safeguarding assessments, mapping exercises and evaluates external country level data to inform next steps.
- Contribute to the identification of best practices and lessons learned to contribute to the knowledge management on child protection, and safeguarding.
- With support from MERL, collaborate with the project team, children, young people and other stakeholders to define, implement and monitor child-friendly, accessible and confidential safeguarding feedback and monitoring mechanisms.
- With communications team develop and ensure dissemination of right messages on child protection, and safeguarding.
- Ensure that all data is disaggregated by sex, age and disability for children, adolescents and school-aged youth including regular analysis on trends
- Contextualise tools, curriculums and policies related to child protection, and safeguarding to the Tanzania context.
- Technically support the design of community prevention mechanisms to mitigate and respond to child protection and safeguarding to ensure the quality of the outcomes.
- In collaboration and coordination with PA safeguarding focal person, conducts regular assessments to identify child safeguarding risks as well as guide partners in conducting assessments in the project implementation areas
- Provide support and advice in dealing with alleged cases of safeguarding and PSEAH concerns by Plan staff, partners and visitors, as well as participate in fact-finding, investigation and related actions;
- Lead the completion of annual safeguarding self-assessment for all PIT offices
- Carry out assessment and complete documentation related to assessments, incident allegation reporting and case management, plans, needs assessments, risk assessment and mitigation efforts in a timely and ordered manner.
- Compile documentation to be retained confidentially according to established guidelines, policy and Plan international requirement
- Represent PIT in all internal and external fora and networks, including Safeguarding and Protection from Sexual Exploitation, Abuse, and Harassment (PSEAH) taskforce groups and other inter-agency meetings.
- This position has the role of designing child protection strategy and deigning project proposals for the child protection program thematic area in coordination witofile h the Business Development Unit
- This position will also provide technical inputs to Program Quality initiatives related to strengthening project management processes and capabilities, ensuring proper guidance and tools in child protection programming.
Location: Dar es Salaam
Reports to: Team Leader Program Quality
Closing Date: 5th February, 2024