Website Access Microfinance Bank Tanzania Limited (AMBT)
Access Microfinance Bank Tanzania Limited (AMBT) is a Microfinance Bank with very strong international shareholders.
Head of Internal Audit Job Vacancy at Access Microfinance Bank Tanzania Limited (AMBT)
CAREER OPPORTUNITY POSITION: Head of Internal Audit
• Ensure the strategic development of the Internal Audit Function
• Manage the Internal Audit Function including developing a Risk based Annual Audit plan, ensuring its proper and timely implementation.
• Ensure audit assignments are planned and performed in accordance with Internal Audit Charter, Procedures and external legislation/regulatory policy.
• Conduct audit assignments of the bank’s branches and Head Office departments/units if circumstances demand (e.g. in case of special investigations assigned by the Audit Committee/ Board of Directors or requested by the Banks’ Management Team; complex/ new audit assignments, staff shortage, etc.)
• Collaborate and cooperate with other departments to ensure professional responsibilities are fulfilled in an efficient manner, with due regard for the activities of those departments.
• Ensure timely and well-structured reporting on internal audit activities to Management and Audit Committee.
• Prepares, participates in and follows-up on Audit Committee meetings.
• Providing training to staff on relevant audit methodologies, tools, and industry best practices.
• Collaborating with external auditors and Bank of Tanzania examiners to ensure a coordinated and efficient audit/examination process.
• Utilizing data analytics and technology to enhance audit effectiveness and efficiency.
• University Degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance or other relevant discipline.
• ACCA/Certified Public Accountant (CPA) is required. Certified Internal Audit (CIA) or any other relevant professional qualification shall be an added advantage.
• At least 5 years of successful experience in Internal Audit Function or in an External Audit company.
• Internal Audit working experience in a Financial Institution is an added advantage.
• Good Leadership and managerial skills such as managing priorities, motivate and develop the audit team.
• Proven ability to supervise and direct the activities of other team members.
• Good knowledge of Audit standards and techniques.
• Familiarity with regulatory requirements and compliance standards specific to the banking industry.
• Good knowledge of Internal Controls Systems, risk concept, fraud risks and risk assessment.
• Proficient in report writing and in oral communication including cooperation across departments while maintaining discretion, confidentiality and focus.
• Demonstrate ethical behavior and transparency at all time.
• Open to new ideas, shares own knowledge and builds on knowledge of others.
• Strong collaborative skills to work closely with other departments (Finance, risk management & compliance).
• Proficient in computer literacy (Excel, Word, Power Point).
• Ability to align the internal audit function with the bank’s overall strategic objectives.
How to Apply :
Applications to be made through firstname.lastname@example.org .Interested applicants are encouraged to submit their application letter and updated CV not later than 31st January 2024. Apply now and be part of an Internal Audit team dedicated to excellence and growth.
Access Microfinance Bank Tanzania is an equal opportunities employer