Tanzania National Roads Agency
Highway Engineer Job Vacancy at TANROADS
JOB VACANCIES ANNOUNCEMENT
Tanzania National Roads Agency (TANROADS) is an Agency under the Ministry of Works and Transport which is responsible for the Development and Maintenance of the Trunk and Regional Roads Network in Tanzania Mainland. Apart from this is also responsible in conduction Axle load Control Operations and Air port Construction.
Tanzania National Roads Agency (TANROADS) on behalf of the Government of the United Republic of Tanzania entered into a Contract for the UPGRADING OF KABONGO – MABAMBA (47.925KM) ROAD TO BITUMEN STANDARD CONTRACT NO: TRD/HQ/1023/2022/23
As a measure to strengthen Capacity of discharging TANROADS’ functions effectively the Regional Manager’s Office TANROADS – KIGOMA, on behalf of Chief Executive, seeks to recruit qualified and competent Tanzania Citizen to fill Vacancy posts for the specific duties on short term basis.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and competent Tanzania to fill Vacancies in the Region. Successful applicants must be ready to work for considerable Length of time in Kigoma Region within the project area when situation warrant.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF SERVICE
Appointment will be on Contract Terms of One (1) year renewable subject to satisfactory performance, efficiency and effectiveness.
HIGHWAY ENGINEER (1Post)
The Highway Engineer shall be full responsible for the supervision of the construction in accordance with the provision of Contract. He/She shall supervise the construction works with due diligence and efficiency and in accordance with sound technical, administrative, financial and economic practices. He/She shall perform all duties associated with such tasks to ensure that only the best construction practices are followed and that the final product is in all respects equal to or better than that specified, at the most economic cost and is carries out in full compliance with the governing specifications.
She/He must be a registered Professional Civil Engineer with a degree in civil Engineering or Highway Engineering Postgraduate qualification in Highway Engineering is an added advantage. She/ He must have a minimum of Ten (10) years of specific experience related to road design and construction supervision. She/He must have served in similar capacity on atleast two (2) projects for construct ion of bituminous roads of similar magnitude and complexity in the last ten (10) years. His/Her duties shall comprise road surveys, construction of pavement structure, measuring of quantities and management of site operation. In addition, he/she must have a working experience of at least 3 years in Sub- Sahara countries. Proficiency in written and spoken English is mandatory.
Highway Engineer Job Vacancy at TANROADS
- Applicants must attach an up – to date Curriculum Vitae (CV) having reliable contacts: postal address/post code, e – mail and telephone numbers.
- Applicants should apply on the strength of the information given in this advertisement:
- Applicants must attach their certified copies of the following certificates:
- Degree/Advanced Diploma/Diploma;
- Form IV and Form VI National Examination Certificates;
- Professional Registration and Training Certificates from respective Registration Regulatory Bodies, (where applicable);
- Birth Certificate;
- Submission of the following documents is strictly not acceptable;
- Form IV and Form VI results slips;
- Testimonies and all partial transcripts.
- An applicant should indicate three relevant referees with their reliable contacts;
- Certificates from foreign examination bodies for Ordinary, Advanced level or Universities/Colleges should be authenticated by the National respective organs. (NECTA,NACTE orTCU),
- A signed APPLICATION LETTER should be in English.
- Deadline for the submission of application is 22nd April, 2023.
- Only short-listed candidates will be informed for interview and;
- Presentation of forged certificates and other information will render to necessitate legal action;
ALL APPLICATIONS MUST BE POSTED TO THE ADDRESS BELOW;
P.0 BOX 97,
NOTE: Hand delivery shall NOT be accepted.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org